Heavy music while high

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by vikingkory, Oct 27, 2008.

1. #1 vikingkory, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2008
    Does anyone else like to listen to Metal music while high. Ususally everyone goes for rap/hiphop and classic rock, but every time i get high i love listening to bands like Death, Gwar, Mayhem and Metallica. I was wondering is this just me or is there people that like this music while high.
    :smoke:

2. nah man i can dig some heavy stuff high. i'm not too big on metal though-- i'm very selective.

black sabbath, metallica, iron maiden

3. Fuck yea!

I agree with all your band selections and would have to add....

Megadeth
    Blind Guardian
    Children of Bodom
    Black Dahlia Murder
    Kalmah
    Wintersun

Just to name a few. Oh don't forget to keep it oldschool with some Candlemass!

4. I listen to Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Arch Enemy, and even bands like Nightwish.

I think rap/hip-hop is a buzz kill @_@ it's just so annoying, especially while i'm high

5. I'm not big on Metal anymore, it doesn't appeal to me (nor do any of the shit bands listed in this thread thus far)

Some heavy stuff I still like when I'm high is Sons of Otis and really any type of Stoner Metal/Doom

6. I prefer more down-tempo and spacey metal when I'm high. Doom metal and black metal have just the right atmosphere.

7. Exactly.

Atmospheric metal is all I can stand.

8. I like listening to all kinds of music when im baked, usually classic rock or rap, but i like heavy stuff sometimes.

9. Listening to Children of Bodom is like having a back alley abortion.

Painful and pointless...

All corporate metal is so shit...

10. pantera or megadeth are always a nice treat when ur high.. usualy only listen to i tho alone cuz when im with friends its rap or sum stoner rock shit

11. So Metallica, Sabbath, and Iron Maiden are shit bands? Since when?

12. Since always.

Metallica are one of the worst bands I've ever listened to.

Sabbath are alright I guess.

And Bruce Dickinson needs to hit fucking puberty.

13. nope, the ONLY "hardcore" song I like (sometims) is mic skills 2 by blessed by a broken heart,.....I stick to hi hopp

14. #15 Vokal, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008

Lol man. Sabbath made metal. I'm not a big Iron Maiden fan but they are one of the greatest metal bands of all time.

Say what you want about Metallica but you can't bash either one of those other bands, especially Sabbath, if you're actually a metal fan.

15. #16 -ForsakeN-, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
    A lot of songs sound bangin when im blazed, music is a must when I blaze. Its almost as good as stuffing your face with junk food.
    Any song with a good beat/riffs or w.e will sound amazing.
    Unique sounding songs always sound the best to me, like T.I. - Swagger like us.
    And shreddin guitar while your baked is soooo fuckin awsome lol.

16. metal - i only like a little bit of black sabbath, some of metallicas ballads, some scorpion songs (cheesy as fuck but whatver), and i guess you could call some zeppelin songs kinda metal... so yea, i fucking love led zeppelin

17. I like heavy music when I'm sober but when I'm baked I'd prefer to just listen to chill songs or something with a beat to it.

18. One-Metallica
    Paranoid-Black Sabbath
    love those two songs
    specially when blazed

19. Dude I can dig some metal occasionally, Black Sabbath, Metallica etc. but Gwar man?

[​IMG]

I would probably shit my pants if I listened to them when I was super stoned. Hahah naw I'm just kidding man, they're alright, everyones entitled to their own music