Heavy Metal

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by thccrystals, Jul 11, 2003.

1. anyone else's favorite genre of music Metal?? i fuckin' love it! some of my favorite bands are old Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Slipknot, Darkane, Soilwork, Carcass, The Haunted, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, old Anthrax, testament, cannibal corpse, old VOD, the list goes on and on and on...

• Like Like x 1
  2. hell yeah fuckin metal

3. Bring the metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. hah fuck ya bring on the metal, you named like all my fave bands but i cant remember what you typed so i'll type my faves n shit.

Lamb of God, Meshuggah, Morbid angel, vader, slayer, dimmu borgir, diecast, deicide, vision of disorder, god forbid, the killing, cannibal corpse, blood has been shed, cryptopsy, dying fetus, fuck i'm dead, the locust, goatwhore, kataklysm, killswitch engage, lock up, most precious blood, orchid, pig destroyer, shadows fall, static x, strapping young lad, terror, tool, apc.

um think thats about all of em and probably like another 100 i cant remember, k anyway

fuckkkkkkin metal

5. hell yes!!metal rules!!
    lamb of god,superjoint ritual,pantera,in flames,chimaira, killswitch engage,shadows fall,nile,messhugah(cant spell) black label society,anyways to many bands to freakin name

6. I'm a fan of the metal. Mostly older stuff, but I am digging some newer stuff like system of a down.

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Corrosion of Conformity, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Testament, Motorhead, White Zombie

And assorted other rock bands:

Dream Theatre, Van Halen, Zappa, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Guns n' Roses, Boston

• Like Like x 1
  7. I can't believe I missed this thread. Metal!

Iron Maiden, Strapping Young Lad, Metallica, Sepultura, Exhumed, Black Sabbath, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Dark Angel, Cryptopsy, Slayer, Pantera, Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Death, Control Denied, Fear Factory, Diamond Head, Meshuggah, At The Gates, Dying Fetus, Discordance Axis, Emperor, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Venom, Dimension Zero, Marduk, Repulsion, Martyr, origin etc etc.

I'm always looking into other bands too. Right now I'm doing some investigation into a bit of Krisiun and Kataklysm. What do you lot think of those two?

8. I like most of the older rock bands like in the 60's 70's but I like some of the new bands.
    heres a list
    slayer, iron maiden, ozzy, black sabbath, burzum, kold phantom, pantera mega death, the old matalica, slipnot, venom, mayhem, anything and eveything. I like the fast pase music but after a wile I get tired of it and want to lisen to bands like deep purple led zepplin acdc and pink floyd. the ever changing taste of music.

9. closest thing to metal i like is thrash! favorite thrash bands:

crucial unit
    runnamucks
    municipal waste

10. i like talent. Theres more talent in metal than i can find in more basic rock, punk, rap, etc.

Flaw. Simple as that. Its basic talent, but its superior vocals takes the cake.

Also, Slipknot is a type of talent not many posses (most people say they are untalented, but if you really listen to how they put their instruments together)

Korn is another type that is a hidden talent. Their stuff is basic distorted rythems, but it can make you bouce like your a concert every time ;)

Old metal : Dream theater. Even their newer stuff is hot! Most amazing group of musicians ever. Next to cliff burton, i think jon myung is the best living basist (No, less claypool isnt a team player, i dont think he could fit in an actual band and play as a group, but by no means does he suck)

Mudvayne: Killer music. Both albums go to heart in all their crazy sound.

Slayer: classic sound brought to new death. Slayer is just a great band. Although they may not be as good as some other bands, all the musicians in that band are far greater than most of any "Radio kings"

11. check out Clown. metal to the bone

www.thisisclown.com

kind of slipknotish with loadsa' innovation and downright cool factor.

edit: i saw pantera mentioned here a few times... great band. but ya'll know where they got their name from? hehe

12. Good to see fellow metal heads! I love heavy music and going to metal concerts/shows. You guys are naming great bands too. \m/ (~~) \m/

check out one of my favorite bands: www.darkane.com They are one of the best swedish metal bands around! lemme know what you think.

13. i dl'd their title track rusten angel. quite good. not as good as say gorgoroth, but then again gorgoroth are norwegian, not swedes :D

14. and noone said savatage......

at least somebody got corrosin of conformity...

but what about ....S.O.D.?

and the misfits?

of corse there are hundreds of great meatal bands ....

of the newer stuff id say i love mudvain!

and system of a down!

15. metallica, ozzy, pantera, and disturbed for me.

16. i'm actually listening to system of a down right now. greatest band to surface during the last 4-5 years in my opinion :) closely followed by tool and perfect circle.

17. i like alot of those... metallica, slipknot, pantera, cannibal corpse

18. Here is a cool picture of kerry king from Slayer. These guys are sick live.

Attached Files:

19. a more appropriate slayer pic. here's Tom Araya.

Attached Files:

20. The Dillinger Escape Plan

Converge

Slayer

Locus Factor

Darkest Hour