Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heavy indicas for sleep

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GorillaGherkin, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Hey fans!!! Thanks for tuning in. I need help. I’ve Been consuming cannabis for 27 years off and on for different reasons.
    As a teen I consumed for fun and out of boredom, in my 20s it was stress, in my 30s depression and ptsd. Now in my 40s I mostly consume cannabis for pain, sleep, and anxiety.
    My method of consumption is microdosing oil in the AM and early afternoons mostly high cbd strains and sativa leaning hybrids. Around 530 or 6pm I switch to a vaporizer loaded with a indica.
    I’m a indica kinda guy but can’t smoke them all day only when I’m home at nights or on the weekends. I’m wound so tight that a 100% indica strain really doesn’t make me stuck to the couch. I rarely sit still I’m always up doing something.
    For awhile I had a good supply of God’s gift and I baught up as much as I could of it like 5 ounces over a few months and it ended up lasting me 1.5 years. 4-5 hits off my vaporizer and I was asleep in 20-30 minutes.
    Since then I’ve tried multiple heavy indicas and been disappointed in them all when it comes to sleep. 9 pound hammer, northern berry, bubbas kush, cookies kush, purple Hindu Kush, ogre, og kush, grandaddy purple, blueberry, and Afghan kush.
    Maybe it’s just me I dunno maybe I’m too stressed with the holidays and moving, maybe I need to consume a different way. Maybe I need to start exercising later in the day.
    What’s your guys routine before bed and what strains work for you. I’m thinking there may be a indica leaning hybrid out there that I don’t know about that will help me.

2. I've read that as pot ages the THC slowly degrades to CBN which makes us drowsy. I don't know how you go about finding aged weed but I think B&W posted once he puts his oil thru several freeze and thaw cycles in an attempt to make it more sedating.

3. I'm surprised that the OG kush did nothing for you. I suffer from insomnia/sleep disorder too. I have to smoke a ton in order to fall asleep (1 gram+ a day). No micro dosing here! Try triple X kush (XXX). That seems to work best for me. Skywalker too. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks I’ll look into those. I picked up some Do-si-do gunna give it a go

5. Make butter and consume 1-2 hours before bed. Either in some form of edible, a smoothie, or simply a spoonful in the gob and neck back some water without gagging.

6. I’ve got a huge tub of it in the freezer funny thing though it makes me pain free a little spacey but not tired. I think I could take it at work and still run circles around coworkers.
    This do-so-do got me really relaxed reminds me of gods gift but not as narcotic.

7. Then you need to dose more and/or meditate. You're wired, cut back on caffeine and increase potassium in your diet and reduce salt.

I normally sleep like a log but haven't in the past. Been eating shit for a week, fuck all veg and surprise surprise my stress levels through the roof and its 4.37am and I'm still wide awake. Analyse your diet, it plays a major role in how your body responds to other stresses.

8. I've yet to figure out how make my sleep dosing with consistency. Sometimes my edibles knock me right out and other times I get buzzy af at exactly the wrong time, no matter the strain. The secret must be in the processing of the plant. One thing I've had some luck with is vaping a couple of hours before bed.

9. I think I’m gunna start exercising after work instead of before work so I’m relaxed and tired. Lookin at my book shelf too instead of playing on my phone.
    My diets pretty strict no coffee after 10am, lots of fruit and veggies, only meat 2x a week. Had no idea about the bananas though may have to add em to my smooothies. Thnx for that

10. Bananas are bad imho, unless you're a teenage boy or taking HGH. You need to eat 12-13 of them to get your RDA of potassium. That amount of sugar will cause insulin levels to rocket and this will also affect your sleep. Look at eating cannabis leaves, spinach and kale. 7-10 cups a day plus salmon.

11. I was really disappointed in the butter I made I used a ounce of vaped material for a stick of butter and have been playing with the dosage and I either end up smoking still or getting so high I can’t sleep. The last stuff I made was perfect.

12. The thing with me is the exact same tincture can make me either sleep or keep me up all night. Luckily I'm self-employed.

I got bags of really old weed I should and do something with.

13. I’ll have to try the leaves next time I grow a plant. Prob wet a seed January thinking grape ape and sour bubba.

14. Hash pucks

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. I will try to find the cross strain of the Kush variety I get at my local dispensary in NJ, they call it Kush IV but they have a few Kush strains that are all crossed with another strain, but the Kush IV helps me sleep better than any other strain I have tried

16. XXX is the shit!!!

17. Have you tried Paki Kush? It's supposed to be good for sleep...although any strain helps me sleep...once I took way too much of some moroccan shit, and started tripping balls...I still slept like a baby after it ended.

18. Edibles made from heavy indica strains works well for me. I normally take indica pills, but regular edibles have the same effect.