Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heavy feeling in lungs/chest?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by eur0k1d, Feb 25, 2010.

1. I am by no means an apprentice toker, but just a quick question for all of you. I smoke about 2/3 times a week. I usually smoke some sort of dank bud, and I know its legit. I like to smoke joints/blunts for the smoothness. Every time I hit a blunt or joint, I get this heavy feeling in my lungs/ chest that makes me uncomfortable for about 5-10 minutes until it goes away. I can also feel te empahisis of my heart beeting harded or faster for the first 10 minutes after smoking. Anyone else feel this?

2. #2 dbyrne23, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    I just recently begain puffin again and I can relate to a heavy lungs feeling. I find if I have a bottle of cold water beside my bong and take some ice bong hits it is a lot smoother. I find if I smoke blunts the paper kind of drives my lungs a bit nuts. As for the heart part I am not sure if i noticed mine like that before, if its a new thing maybe just be careful and see what the Doc says or see if anyone else on here gets the same thing. Good luck

3. The heart going harder and faster is just part of being stoned and is completely normal, some people feel it more than others though. Don't freak out about it or you'll just make it worse, it always passes in the end.

And as for the heavy feeling, if you don't smoke normal cigarettes and only smoke weed a few times a week than that feeling will just be the unusual expansion that the smoke going into your lung causes.

However, if you do smoke normally and you are only getting this when smoking weed I'm afraid I can't offer any help. :p

4. I think that since everyone reacts differently to weed, it just is a reaction of mine. I can literally feel my heart increase and it thumps a lot harder than usual. This to me seems like it is just me being high, because whenever I check my heart, it. seems like it is beating normally. I dunno, just wish it wouldnt happen because for the first 10 minutes, my high is really uncomfortable. After that though, Im good to go:smoking:

5. I do smoke regularly, and it only happens with weed. But I think its just the weed I smoke. It usually is a sort of kush strain. Very puffy, soft, and plenty of trichs. Now that I think of it, when I used to smoke mids, I never got this heavy feeling. Must just be the weed.

6. yeah maybe it's just the weed.

7. Sounds pretty nice. Kush is my favourite kind of weed but unfortunately, due to living in the UK I haven't had the luxery of any since Amsterdam in November. :mad:

8. There are a few different strains of kush that circulate around here. Luckily, we have the famous OG and Purple. It seems legit too. Very potent as well:smoking: The downside of always smoking these is that everytime I smoke, I get baked, regardless of how little I smoke. I need to be functional sometimes.

9. i think it's normal... it's the same for me, the first 10 minutes i may feel uncomfortable, but if i smoke just a little at first, and not all at once, then its just nice and mellow... maybe its just that sometimes it hits me harder than i expect :D