Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heavy Cannabis Use & Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kins11, Nov 23, 2008.

1. I took this from: http://www.jackherer.com/pregnancy.html

I love that you can tell a stoner translated it from the article because it mentions "alertness" twice, each in a different way. Haha.

Pediatrics, February 1994, Volume 93, Number 2, pp. 254-260

American Academy of Pediatrics

Comparing the heavily exposed and the non-exposed infants, the Brazelton clusters on day 30, showed that the offspring of heavy-marijuana using mothers had significantly higher scores on:
    - orientation
    - autonomic stability
    - reflexes
    - habituation to auditory and tactile stimuli, and to animate auditory stimuli
    - higher degree of alertness
    - capacity for consolability
    - less irritability
    - had fewer startles and tremors
    - better physiological stability at one month
    - required less examiner facilitation to reach an organized state
    - more socially responsive
    - the quality of their alertness was higher
    - their motor and autonomic systems were more robust
    - they had better self-regulation
    - they were more rewarding for caregivers than the neonates of non-using mothers at one month of age
    From the Schools of Nursing, Education and Public Health, the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Received for publication Sep. 21, 1992; accepted June 30, 1993.

2. I love how everyone on here gets angry at "evil propoganda" but have no problem with one-sided half-truths when they're in favor of marijuana use.

In summation: if you read that excerpt and then run to put a lit blunt in your pregnant mothers mouth thinking it will help the baby, you are retarded.

3. No one is saying they would do anything like that, especially me. I simply thought it was interesting. Relax and stop being a jerk, eh?

4. Also, it's spelled "propaganda". If you're going to criticize me you may as well spell properly while doing so.

5. i find it interesting too...ive heard that women while pregnant can smoke a joint(a lil one) or one bowl once a week and the baby will be fine of course this is hear say. Theres not a lot of info on positive effects of smoking on the unborn baby only negative hmmmmm.