Heavily armed guards

Discussion in 'General' started by Sir Stoner, Dec 21, 2012.

1. So at my college, theyve upped security hella cause the sandy hook scare, today there was 5 armed police officer guards per building, all armed with either Ar-15 assault rifles or M16's and going around harassing students, the fuck? And why do we need 5 for each building, plus our regular school security carries guns now

2. I think you're school is the only college doing this.

3. [quote name='"notajew"']I think you're school is the only college doing this.[/quote]

Thats retarded, theres going to be SWAT tommorow cause they overheard a gunman plot

4. Yeah, my school has had a few threats for tomorow so we've had a lot of police patrolling the school and stuff.

5. Every schoolbive been to has at least two armed campus officers. Nothing new

6. My senior year in high school they instituted campus security. Only a few carried pistols if i remember correctly. They basically got paid to sit around at a high school all day lol

7. Man I remember the good ol 90's days in school. No one but students and staff. Not even security guards....

8. If they had a threat they always RAMP up security, was there anything? Without a threat it seems kind of odd that they would only increase security now, and not when the shooting happened, but either way the whole thing was pretty tragic and it makes some sense.

Anyways, at our school every UPD officer (campus police who are actually REAL police) carry AR-15's and shotguns in their squad cars.

9. I saw cops stationed at a local elementary school today. I understand they're trying to keep kids safe, but I feel like its scaring the shit out of the kids more than anything.

10. Exactly. Can you imagine being 8 years old and not fully understanding why men are carrying weapons the bad guys use, but walking around your school?

Sucks.

11. Shit, wish it was like that while I was in school. Even 6-7 years ago we had a police officer and cameras. Lived in suburbs too. Was shitty cause fights never happened.

12. [quote name='"TheBlackCops"']

Shit, wish it was like that while I was in school. Even 6-7 years ago we had a police officer and cameras. Lived in suburbs too. Was shitty cause fights never happened.[/quote]

At my
    Old high school when there would be a foght people would like up cigars and watch until the police raided us and everyone threw their cigs and cigars