Heaven and Hell thread

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by YungBurn, Mar 31, 2012.

1. If we can astral project and stuff like that is it possible that there is a heaven/hell or am I just stupid for making this thread)

2. not sure, and thats cool to think about, but i personally dont believe in a "heaven" or a "hell"

3. [quote name='"ticklemefancy"']not sure, and thats cool to think about, but i personally dont believe in a "heaven" or a "hell"[/quote]

Why don't you believe in such things not saying its bad?

4. What would heaven and hell be like? Would it be painful, even though we are not in physical form?

5. #5 Salty Shack, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    Well, i believe astral projection is just a state of mind that's half-dreaming, or in some sort of trance state. I don't think there's anything really spiritual or supernatural about it.

It's also possible that when you die, chemicals in your brain (DMT, i think?), are still active, and that's why people who almost die or die and then come back, almost always have a similar sort of "vision of heaven".

So it's possible they're both visions created by our brains, and we just underestimate the power of the mind.

Edit: To add, i personally believe there is a heaven and hell.

6. I always thought heaven and hell were places you went to after death and judgement, but I sat and thought for a moment. Why must one die to be placed in heaven or hell? I believe it's what we live in. For example, if somebody were being used for sex that'll be that individuals hell and if one person is content with what they have and nothing bad is happening to them that could possibly be there heaven.
    But nobody really knows what happens we'll see when we die

7. Can't be heaven because we're living in hell

8. We, in theory, came from a giant explosion that gave birth to dinosaurs that eventually became gross hairy ape type things that became us. Anything is possible. But whether astral projections/dreams and all that are more than images our organic body creates or something more then that can only be known after death. Who knows though, getting stuck with low vibrations in the astral realm for all eternity could be hell. Or maybe there is some gay big red guy fucking sadam.

9. Are you talking about the concepts or the description? what would hell be like to you? what would heaven be like?

i don't think we could really go further on the subject until we figure out what we're talking about.

10. I don't believe there is such a place but I suppose anything is possible, but the burden of proof for there being a heaven and hell falls on you.

11. In my opinion I think heaven is a place of Joy and happiness and all of that shit. But hell IMO is a place of suffering of some sort be it mental or something like that.

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJH7y1yK_E]Black Sabbath Heaven and Hell - YouTube[/ame]

13. my take on heaven and hell are that they are metaphorically used by religions and their representative figures to almost threaten or scare one to act in a certain manner. It is not just, moral, or right. People should have the opportunity to get educated truthfully on how to act in regard to having respect, love, and acceptance for people, and to also make the right choices. If they do not, I still do not believe that they should be threatened with a consequence that has not even been proven to exist