Heating my cold mary j

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Joedahoe, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Yesterday it was warm as hell today lits like i stepped into another state. I went in my closet and saw that the temp had dropped from 70-72

To 68-70

It was freezing outside the closet i was surprised they werent colder.

I was thinking about warming them with 2 candles in each corner of the opposite side of the closet. Far away enough from the plants to prevent burning/whatever ,both candles are in glass and when done will just put themselves out, and theres nothing around them but carpet but i was thinking of putting them each on a large plate with water to prevent any kind of "_________"

Would candles heat affect the plants?

Or even its light cycle?

I doubt it but just wanna be sure.

2. The candles do cast a visible light, so there is a good chance it will interrupt the plants cycles. As well candles burn oxygen to produce other gases, including carbon monoxide, which I'm under the impression is toxic to everything. I really don't think fire and living cannabis will do well together to be honest, they only seem to get along with a bowl or a paper as a catalyst.

Is insulating the closet not an option?

3. [quote name='"MrMeow"']The candles do cast a visible light, so there is a good chance it will interrupt the plants cycles. As well candles burn oxygen to produce other gases, including carbon monoxide, which I'm under the impression is toxic to everything. I really don't think fire and living cannabis will do well together to be honest, they only seem to get along with a bowl or a paper as a catalyst.

Is insulating the closet not an option?[/quote]

Im in an apartment. Im gonna seal of the slits in the closet doors and cover with a blanket

But theres a gap around the whole closet door becuase it folds and slides.

Idk how i would go about insulating. Ill take pics when i het off work.

4. [quote name='"MrMeow"']The candles do cast a visible light, so there is a good chance it will interrupt the plants cycles. As well candles burn oxygen to produce other gases, including carbon monoxide, which I'm under the impression is toxic to everything. I really don't think fire and living cannabis will do well together to be honest, they only seem to get along with a bowl or a paper as a catalyst.

Is insulating the closet not an option?[/quote]

So candles are a no.
    *sigh*

i wanna find some kind of electric device i could plug in for atrictly heat

5. What about throwing a space heater inside the room to bring the rooms whole temperature up?

6. [quote name='"Wakenbake19"']What about throwing a space heater inside the room to bring the rooms whole temperature up?[/quote]

Not enough room i think. Plus the price is high for me now.

What about a seedling matt? Would that keep them warm enough in 65-70 degrees?

7. What's wrong with 68degrees?

8. [quote name='"Jmosley"']What's wrong with 68degrees?[/quote]

Sedlings are shown to develop more quickly with ~71-75

9. [quote name='"BudButler"']Amazon.com: Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat: Home & Kitchen
    space heaters are pretty cheep and pretty small the one i linked is kinda big but i have one about the size of a desktop vape cost me like 10$ when i got it a heating pad would also only heat what is touching it not ambient room temp but i use one to keep my clones nice an happy[/quote]

Thanks for the link forgot about amazon lol ordering soon.

10. no problem as long as you get high/higher

11. [quote name='"BudButler"']no problem as long as you get high/higher[/quote]

Fo sho fo shoo