heater for a 1.2*1.2*2m tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by getafix, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Hi this is my first time grwing in winter and I have a fan heater that is costing me a bomb. I want to buy a tube heater (are these the most economical?) and I want to find out how many watts? i have a 1.2*1.2*2 meter tent and I veg with a 400w metal halide and I flower with a 600w hps, the temperatue outside the tent can go down to 10C. I grow in my spare room, I do not have central heating. Thanks fo the advice,cheers.

2. #2 TinTizzy, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    pretty sure those are for large areas...you should probably go with a radiator heater or panel

3. I use a oil filled space heater in my room on low set at 2-4. Most heaters burn about 1500 watts. But I dont know is if that only on full high. I like the oil filled ones because once the oil is hot it dont take as much power to keep it warm. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Put it behind the fan or along side, If in front it cools the fan to much and has to work over time = more cost

5. [quote name="JUSTHILLBILLY" post="19374589" timestamp="1390238958"]Put it behind the fan or along side, If in front it cools the fan to much and has to work over time = more cost[/quote]I use a grow tent so I try to keep the room at 72 and im not sure how warm it stays inside the tent. Ineed to get a green light so I can go in at night to check them Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 JUSTHILLBILLY, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014

I run mine on 600 side at 3-4 lows are in the 40s highs 68ish..  went temps outside drop i still don't change it, Tuff bitches acclimating around here..

my tent is 4ft x 8ft x 6'6" 

7. [quote name="JUSTHILLBILLY" post="19374933" timestamp="1390243229"]I run mine on 600 side at 3-4 lows are in the 40s highs 68ish.. went temps outside drop i still don't change it, Tuff bitches acclimating around here.. my tent is 4ft x 8ft x 6'6" [/quote]If I had to guess id say I have the same night temps as you. Its hard to keep it a one temp for me because I dont have a thermostat hooked in it right now. Been thinking of re doing it again. Whats ur day time temps?

8. And I alway use my heater on low at #2-4 Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. No . experience in growing but from years of personal experience.... the oil filled radiator heaters are the best bang for the buck and most enerfy efficient. Get the delonghi(sp?) BrandSent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. In the tent or outside?  I don't run a thermostat.. I have a cheap remote thermomator that tells me the tent temps..  Outside highs are around 31 and lows are close to 13 now

11. InsideSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Im thinking I should see if I have room for mine on the inside too Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. [quote name="blissdreamer" post="19375106" timestamp="1390244834"]No . experience in growing but from years of personal experience.... the oil filled radiator heaters are the best bang for the buck and most enerfy efficient. Get the delonghi(sp?) BrandSent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/quote] agreedSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. 68 is the highest temp  in the tent when lights are on

15. #15 thebeaver50, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014

We got 3 of those Delinghi small oil filled radiator type heaters...those are super cheap to operate and just one of them will run you out of the house it gets so hot .

Ours here are just like this.... http://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-TRH0715-Oil-Filled-Radiator/dp/B000FT1XZW

16. [quote name="JUSTHILLBILLY" post="19375162" timestamp="1390245562"]68 is the highest temp in the tent when lights are on[/quote]When the lights are on in mine my temps are normally at 72. But the last few days we had the temps go up to 79 because it got hot outside. We just had spring like temps and it really messed me up. Im still ttying to dial my tent in. Id like to run at 72 lights on and 66 lights off.

When it was -23 here my highs were low low 50 hahaha and had heater cranking 

18. [quote name="thebeaver50" post="19375180" timestamp="1390245779"]We got 3 of those Delinghi small oil filled radiator type heaters...those are super cheap to operate and just one of them will run you out of the house it gets so hot .Ours here are just like this.... http://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-TRH0715-Oil-Filled-Radiator/dp/B000FT1XZW[/quote]Lol mine is one of the first ones that ever come out. It was a cheap one but still works like a charm. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. 2gal hard pot, they seem ok

Attached Files:

20. [quote name="JUSTHILLBILLY" post="19375224" timestamp="1390246308"]2gal hard pot, they seem ok[/quote]Oh hell yess.. thats the stuff I like to see.Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app