heated argument with bill collector

Discussion in 'General' started by DevouringLady, May 18, 2010.

1. So I was a little irresponsible with this one shitty credit card...so i have their bill collectors calling my phone..

this one lady called when I was in a good mood, and we were talking..and worked out a settlement to be paid about 5 days after the phone call...their calling me every day...so I finally answered and this lady basically just comes at me full force...i felt so attacked...shes like YOU NEED TO GET THIS PAID TODAY...RIGHT NOW..GET ON THE PHONE AND CALL WHOEVER YOU NEED TO CALL TO GET THIS MONEY...DO A THREE WAY CALL RIGHT NOW ILL WAIT...I REALLY FEEL LIKE YOU'RE LYING TO ME AND THATS NOT GONNA HELP THIS SITUATION...I NEED THIS MONEY BY TODAY!
    so at this point I tell her that I cant get the money today..and shes still in a loud voice...WHERES YOUR MOTHER? CALL HER AT WORK...WHERES YOUR FATHER? WHERES THAT FRIEND YOU WERE TALKIN ABOUT LAST TIME? YOU NEED THIS MONEY..YOU'RE BEING REALLY YOUNG AND DUMB ABOUT THIS MAM

...............................​

..so now im like look if you're not gonna take me jail im not paying you EVER....my father died before I was born, and I'm a grown woman my mother dosent have to pay for everything...you yelling at me aint gonna make me pay shit any faster....and after awhile i just hung up...

I have never been attacked like that by a bill collector...thats not professional at all....like really? you just talk down to people with a few hundred dollars ( 3 max) in credit card debt...are we bottom feeders?

not okay

I was high but it wasnt paranoia...she was attacking

2. That's what they do. Bill Collectors buy your debt off of whoever you owed it to originally, so if you never pay your bills they don't get payed.

Not making excuses, I've had to deal with them all my life, that's just the way our financial system is. They're just another product of it. Or maybe they're one of the causes. Who knows.

3. They pay these "people" to do this kind of work - call centers are horrible places. This kind of behavior is accepted in the workplace and encouraged by management and peers - so try your best to ignore it - which I know is hard.

4. fuck them, just dont answer.

they prolly wont stop calling... but that doesnt mean you have to answer.

5. thats insane...like whoa lady you're talkin like you know me

6. I get phonecalls everyday from collection agencies asking for some lady Ive never heard of, even after i tell them they have the wrong number and to take me off their calling list but they never do. I feel you pain