Heat

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by solidgreen420, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Just set up my grow closet Mylar, fan, ducting, vent. I have the vent mounted at the top of the door frame blowing out. The temp is steadily between 85-87 Degrees F, how can I control the temperature better?

2. Just to check, do you have an intake the same size or larger than the exhaust?

3. why would you want that? negative pressure is a nice thing to have if you wish to filter the exhaust... and Im pretty sure that a passive intake doesnt need to be as large as the active exhaust counterpart to allow for good airflow.

4. The intake is filtered through a carbon scrubber

5. why woudl you filter the intake? xD

6. If you have a large, unrestricted air intake the fan will work at its peak efficiency. The fan can only move as much air as is replaced in the enclosure - this is physics. You will always have a negative pressure if the fan is blowing out with an unrestricted intake. Intake should be 1.5 to 3 times the size of the exhaust for maximum efficiency. Ask an HVAC person they will confirm.

7. My fan pulls air through the carbon scrubber

8. fuck maximum efficiency... with that big an intake and some air movement inside the grow room youre gonna have air leaking out everywhere. theres definitly no need to make the intake any bigger than the exhaust, you wouldnt be gaining efficiency. usually you got lotsa leaks anyways and the room already has a lot of intake slits.

why ask "an HVAC person"? you happen to have one for me to ask? :p
    please dont try to underline claims by demanding that people ask 'any expert'. thats just lame.

9. What kind of light are you using and what size is the fan, inches and cfm? Are you using an a/c hood and how big are your passive intakes?

(intakes are passive vents that are separate from the fan, bringing fresh air into the closet. Your carbon scrubber is on the fan's intake, which is different from your passive intakes)

10. Please don't be a fucking asshole just because your mother didn't love you.

11. lol fail

12. Wow you are such an intellectual. Your fucking mind prowess amazes me. I am sure you earned many gold stars in school this week.

13. Although your ghetto grow box is a fucking joke, full of leaks and looking as if the Little Rascals constructed it, the person who posted this thread wants to build a proper grow room.

14. 6 inch 400 cfm duct fan. Cool tube reflector, I don't have any passive air intakes

15. If you open up a few passive intakes it will lower your temps. I'd cut 2 6" holes and check the temps again.

16. So just cut a few 6 in holes in the ducting, from where it runs fan to light or light to exhaust

17. LOL... You need to let in fresh air from outside the grow area, if you open holes in the ducting, the odor will bypass your filter :rolleyes:

Passive intakes are just holes in your closet that let in fresh air. Holes in the door, wall, floor, ceiling... not your ducting. Negative pressure from your exhaust fan keeps odor from escaping through those holes.

18. Ok I figured that's what you meant I just had to make sure. Ill try this later if it's not working I'm sure ill be back on here

19. I've got the door wide open. Still running 86.5

20. Get an air cooled hood and run it on a separate fan all enclosed then have another fan sucking or blowing air out..kept my tent 80 all summer when it was 90s out (with ac in the room)