heat vs humidity

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Patricia Clemons, Jan 14, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Hello . I’m on my first grow and these babies have been above soil for about a week now, after struggling with 10% humidity (winter) I threw a humidifier in there and it brought it up to 30.

I find with wet towels everywhere i can reach 50%.
    As you can see my humidifier expels directly onto my fan which hopefully blows the mist onto the seedlings before the exhaust gets it.
    So with the towels my tent sits about 71. Without the towels and lower humidity it sits about 81.

Are the towels worth the hassle of wetting twice a day? What would you do?
    Misting the walls hardly helped as i was doing that for days before introducing the towels

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. turn down the exhaust.

3. #3 Patricia Clemons, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Thanks! I actually turned it on low a day or two earlier!

I used to have it on high, specially needed before i had opened the tent vents, when the intake and exhaust was running, otherwise i’d have way high positive pressure. Thinking of investing in nylon panties for the intake if i choose to run that.

i appreciate the support!

4. #4 Patricia Clemons, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Now do i remove the towels increasing the heat? I could spray my plants several times a day with water and the top soil if that would help?

When at work i have someone who could go in and mist them some days.. constant levels seem best over fluctuating.

I lowered the light to 2ft above plants. have a feeling towels will be dry in morning, we’ll see what to do about this kerfuffle. and how they look in the AM. getting ready for sleep now.

5. You could also use a clear solo cup with holes in it as a humidity dome. Until they root in some more.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. You need heat to some degree to have humidity.

7. There are many small humidifiers that will do the trick, for sure, i have a few in my closet just sitting there, however dehumidifiers and removing RH is much more expensive, but as i said before my humidifier is just sitting in the closet, humidity is important but the only time i worry about it is with clone domes, flowering and drying, back in the day i use work my ass off trying to adjust rh, nownfor the past decade my rh stays around 45 or 50 and never even think about it the entire grow, @Patricia Clemons make sure your grow area has a temp above 75 degrees fh and bowl of water in front of a fan with a towel covering the bowl,(your bucket will work in front of a fan instead of bowl LOL) make sure the center of the towel is touching the water for wicking, that will help but dont put to much stress in low rh, as the plants grow humidity will increase more.