Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heat stroke vulnerabilitie?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DanKnStickyy, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Does smoking weed make you more vulnerable to getting a heat stroke while outside in 90-100 degree weather? Seems like I can never spend a day outside high in this dam heat. :/

I always get headaches, and my friend just recently had a heat stroke from it with alot of vomiting involved, Not good times.

2. I don't think marijuana has anything to do with that. If you have a heat stroke when you're high, you would have had a heat stroke sober. Just drink a lot of water.

3. That's the thing tho, I spend many days outside ALL day perfectly fine sober... It's the days I'm high that I have problems.

4. yeah i agree i think marijuana does enhance the risk for a heat stoke just from my personal experiences

5. Yea it definitely is for me and many of my friends... It's annoying me.

6. Maybe it's because marijuana increases your heart rate. I've never had any problems with this, and I work outside in the heat (and I smoke beforehand). Cottonmouth could also be a problem. I just stay extra hydrated and usually don't ever have a problem. Of course you get the headache here or there, but that was just from being in the sun too long, whether I was high or not.

7. Just bring some water outside, and you should be good. Go inside after a little bit to rest up.