heat stressed my seedlings, think they'll make it?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by andy83, Oct 22, 2009.

1. they're about a week old and the temps ended up getting as high as 85-90 for a few days, i fix the problem but the sides of the first set of leaves are a little curled up and the tips are a little brown. the second set of leaves look pretty good, one plant barely had browning on a tip. they're nirvana's white rhino, think they'll recover without causing permanant damage or stunted growth? or should i start over?

ill try to get some pics up soon

2. I am far from a pro. However, I have dealt with this same prob before. My suggestion to you is to just be a little patient with your babies. They are still alive maybe they are stunted a little, they will make up for it in veg. by the time you get to flower this mishap will be forgotten. Additional veg time heals many wounds. Best of luck.

3. It takes quite a bit for a seedling to actually die. From the sounds of what you are describing, I would say you should be fine. If you have fixed the heat problem they will probably be shocked for a while, but I'm sure they will blow up once they get comfortable. The seedlings that take the most abuse from me almost always seem to become the best plants, call it tough love.