Heat stress

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GrowingtheDream, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Is there anything i can use on my plants to help with heat stress?

With my current set up seems like high temps are going to be an issue and i cant really do anything about them right now.

Im thinking im going to have to go with leda eventually but i dont have the money to get them right now.

As of now i dont see any signs of heat stress on my plants but its only spring and temps are going to be hitting 95-105 in no time here

On hand i have
    Kelp, neem, alfalfa, aloe, coconut, ful power, protek/agsil, tm7, molasses.

2. No product will help with that kind of heat stress. You need to reduce temps, and an LED is not going to help if your climate is naturally going to be 95-105...

You need an AC unit, they are much cheaper than an LED...

Also, how do you put up with that heat yourself when it reaches above 90? That's crazy hot...I would probably die lol

Edit: where do you live?

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 GrowingtheDream, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    My grow has a 12000 btu portable a/c...

. Maybe 95-105 is a little exaggerated... But i would say summer is 85 + sometimea with week long periods of 95+ at times

Here is a drawing of my set up....
    14890934192971754614975.jpg

Also in each room is 2 16 inch fans.
    I wonder if there is a way to make my portable ac suck the intake air so it gets cooled before even entering the room....

Also my grow is not located inside a house. Its outside... Well say its in a shed.

4. That's not big enough for 3600 watts plus other electrics, and if it's a portable those don't function as efficiently as wall units. You obviously need more cooling capability, especially in the area you live

Edit: you could probably use more fan suction too... That's a lot of lights plus carbon filters to be run off one fan...

• Like Like x 1
  5. This is what im thinking... Only problem is i wanted to be discreet and this is why i got a portable ac vs a wall mounted one.... I may be able to get a roof mounted one though...

6. Sounds like you gotta decide between if you wanna grow, or if you wanna be discreet and not grow...

7. Otherwise spend $...which is not always an option...

8. There has to be another way...

9. What other way? Magic? Either reduce temps, with actual factual means, or suffer.

Its not that difficult.

10. Stronger a/c is looking like my only option...

11. Water barrels in your lung room. dump and fill with cold water every morning.

12. Or use magic

I wish I could...

13. @mandoluce

You think a 14000btu ac will work?

14. I'm not sure, you need to do math on your space, and research how much heat each bulb/ballast produces.

15. I see in your pic you have an air intake for the lung room, but are you venting the portable to outside?

16. And how does the ac'd air get to the rooms?

17. Yes. Portable ac is venting to outside.

( room is only 7.5 ft wide ) i have the ac aimed at the 2 intake fans for the grow rooms....

18. If you can vent to outside why not get a window unit for both rooms?

19. You cant see the vent for the ac. With wall mounts il have 2 ac units sticking out the side of my grow...

Draws attention..