Heat Stress? Sad and very dead looking

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigWizzzurd, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Plants were fine this morning, I noticed one branch on one of the plants was a little droopy assumed it was getting too heavy, came from from work and they are apart from the smallest of the 4 are drooping and look like they are dying. I'm in New Zealand and we've been having incredibly hot weather the past 4 days, up to 34 degrees and a steady 30 all day and 25+ throughout the night. I've got 2 fans on them now and have given them a big water as hadn't watered in over a day. Will they bounce back?

Growing in 30/70 perlite organic soil mix 5 gallon pots 7 weeks into veg. Running 2 240kingbrite QBs which wont be helping with the heating issue

Attached Files:

2. If you can increase your ventilation if not put more fans. They can take more hest when theres more wind. Just dont push it. More fans not fans on high.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I feel ya bro also nz Battling the 30 + , looking at making some sort of cold air box

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Ive opened all the Windows in the room given them a water & a feed, Opened the tent door and had a big fan blowing in slightly to tr help with the temperature and they seem to have perked up a lot in the last hour still not 100% I might have to go buy another Fan any size okay? or should I get a medium sized one and prop it up on some boxes or something

5. Yeah bro its been bloody hard, I didnt take into consideration this crazy heat. Usually it gets bad like 27 - 28 max but never this bad and not every day Im thinking when I flip them flip them to run during the night rather than the day so that the temperature isnt as bad. Let me know how you get on and if you come up with any good fixes for the heat

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yea I run mine at night, thing is with the fans you only going to be blowing hot air around, need a a/c but fuck

7. One of the bros made a cold air box out of polystyrene with a inline fan and fills with ice and works and he runs hps

8. Im dealing with the cold. But with lights on not so much. Heat sucks... Are you in flower? If not see if you can limit your lights on time any or amount or light and hope it gets cooler

9. Just went and bought a 30cm oscillating fan and set up it up like this gonna run it 24/7 hows it look? Should I set it up a bit higher I dont have much room to work with, they already look a bunch better leaves and branches still a little twisted and warped

Attached Files:

10. Flipping them in 2 days, I think Im gonna run out of room with a fan in there once they stretch so its gonna be interesting, Im thinking im gonna run them at night once I flip just change the cycle to run through the night to try reduce the heat

11. Ive got an Inline fan running 24/7 But its only small I bought a 4" not knowing that I should've got atleast a 6" so it is cycling some of the air out the window doubt its turning over enough air though. Im hoping the fan helps them get through tomorrow meant to hit 37 Degrees over the next 2 weeks

12. Yea bro seen the temp is ment to get up there even more! But all the best bro

13. I wish its 35 in michigan. Idk they look pretty good. Your gonna fill that room... They like the heat somewhat. Ive seen ppl use frozen water bottles in the grow tent in front or fans and such. You can try that. Then before lights out take them out and refreeze for morning. Its just alot of work.

14. I'm thinking about trying to make a makeshift frozen chilli bin out of an polystyrene meat box and cutting a whole for my ducting and filling with ice leaving outside the tent and using my inline fan to pump cool air into the tent opposed to taking air out and see how that goes. I am still having real bad twisting of the leaves and my humidity has been incredibly high after watering it was up around 70% with lights on and sitting around 63% an hour after lights off I'm hoping it goes down

• Like Like x 2
  15. I throw away the bottom of my fans and hang them upside down with garden chain.
    20181229_183140.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. From looking at your pictures I see you have your drivers in the tent. You can take these off the heatsink and get them outside of your tent. It helps , alot of us do it. You just need a length of 18 gauge solid core wire to run from the driver to the boards. This should buy you a couple degrees inside your space.

• Like Like x 3
  17. What's your humidity like? Higher humidity helps them handle higher temps and I've found that a cool mist humidifier actually drops the temps in my tent by a degree or two also.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Change to lights on at night. I would be running into the same issue if I didnt. Instead of running high 80s low 90s Im able to run between 72-80 at night.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Are you measuring your temps above the light?

20. My meter was just above the light last night while I was moving everything around and watering them, usually keep it under one of the plants canopys

• Like Like x 1