Heat stress or some sort of deficiency? ( Pics inside )

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Glitts2g, Nov 18, 2013.

1. So I have a slight issue with the plants, but before I start I would like to mention it's my first grow, and I'm not so knowledgable in this area, hince why i'm turning for help!

A little backstory ;
       So recently I upgraded to a little better soil, and saw great changes, more leafs started developing, and growth increased. I also added a 13w CFL on top of the 65w CFL I had in there. I know it's not sufficient light, but I literally have very little invested in this, and hope to keep it this way. I had a little issue with one of the newer leafs having a yellow spot on it, so I started doing some thinking, & realised it could be heat stress, ( The yellow spot cleared up significantly from what is was, but you can still see it in the pics). Since correcting the temp issues, things have still somewhat gone downhill, but not the exact same issue, I don't think. I hope I don't catch too much grief over my failure of a green thumb : ( . I really hope they can recover and any help is appreciated.

Edit** Just incase, the soil i'm using is the MiracleGrow potting soil mix, I have not fed the girls ANY nutes, and the last time I watered was Saturday night

Thanks for reading if you did, as I know this is a wall of text, and once again any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. #2 AugustWest, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
    you need to take each one out carefully and put them into their own containers.

maybe something less intense than miracle grow.. it's know to be the death of small MJ plants. It'll only get worse as those green fert balls open up and release more of that chemical into the soil.

3. #3 Glitts2g, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013

4. if thats miracle grow soil then there is no deficiency..
    but growing that many plants in a single pot will be worse in the long run than trying to carefully get them into their own containers with a more appropriate soil mix for cannabis.

5. I agree. Your plants are more likely to survive replanting into something more efficient and manageable like organic potting soil. You can even snip the ends of the roots (root pruning) before replanting each one. It's a common practice and might benefit your plants over all growth if you just be bit careful.

All in all, your plants health and over all yield will reflect the time and investment you put into your research and growing options. So if you want to put hardly any investment towards achieving success, then you should expect (the equivalent or) hardly anything in return from your babies. That's just how it works unfortunately.

Don't give up, and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

It is miracle grow soil, but I was stupid enough to only fill a 1/4th of the fower pot with soil, but have made the mistake and will learn from it. Do you think such little of this soil isn't providing enough nutes due to only using 1/4th of the flower pot? I don't know why they started turning yellow like that, my mind is sorta blown lol.

And I agree about the time invested, it's not that I don't have the time, more along the lines of money lol. And I honestly didn't / don't expect to yield more than an ounce from this.. I mainly wanted to learn and gather as much knowledge as possible to hopefully make the next go-round' better! Thanks you both for your kind words, and advice, I appreciate it!

7. Sounds like you are going to be just fine!

I grow for the love of cannabis, never for the yield or the money. I simply love the plant for what it is. Never loose that excitement for your plants, and never stop learning! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1