Heat Stress Or Nute Burn

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fatc2k4, Jul 6, 2014.

1. My nycwidow is 3 weeks from seed in an oxypot under a 300w cfl in a 1mx1mx2m tent. She was doing fine until about 4 days ago when i started noticing the leaves curling up at the edges. Then due to an unexpected visit from relatives i had to turn off both the intake and exhaust fans and the temps shot up to about 92 degrees and the rh dropped low.The rez temps also went up to 76 degrees. Growth seemed to have stopped and the leaves started to turn yellow. The ph has always been between 5.8 and 6.0 The ec reading was just under 900 a couple of days ago and has slowly risen to 1030, also either the plant has drunk quite a bit or the water has evaporated quite a lot. Im using vitalink max and only given half strength.

Now the relatives have gone , I`ve got the temps back down to 82 degrees which isthe lowest i seem to beable to achieve, the rez temp 67 degrees ,the ec reading is still 1030, rh is 50% and ph is 6.0.

So could someone advise as to wether this looks like nute burn or heat stress or maybe both?

Should I changeout the rez and just use plain ph`d for a few days or leave as it is ?

Any other advice ?

tia

Attached Files:

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    nute burn

good thing about dwc is, you don't have to flush.

just dilute to 700 and see how she reacts

new growth looks healthy, focus on that. affected leaves will not recover

3. thx , so i should add ph`d until the ec is 700 ye?

4. yep, just ph a gallon of h2o and top off the res.

shouldn't take too much to drop the ppm

5. #5 fatc2k4, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    thx :) do u think it should recover from this? now the temps are down.

6. like i said, new growth looks perfectly fine so just monitor ppm after you dilute.

if it falls, it's too weak. then you find the medium between 600 and the 900 you had it at. 600 is little under half strength, at least for GH nutes, so she may want 700 or so.

7. ok well i just went up to sort it and the water was down from 1030 to 900 since this morning. I topped upped with ph`d and the ppm is now just under 700 and the ph 5.7 . Water temp 66 and tent temp 83 . So i gues its just a matter of waiting now to see how the new growth turns out. Will the nute burnt leaves get any worse or if its stabilized should they just stay the same ?
    thanks for your help :)