Heat stress or deficiency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by WestCose, Aug 17, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Just had a heat wave of over a 100 degrees for a week straight. Do you think its heat stress

3. [​IMG]
    Thats a better pic

4. #4 lalamann, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    if you dont see little white/yellowish dots all over the leaves, that is definitely heat or drought stress.

although i cant tell from the size of the pics, if you have little pale speckles all over the leaves they;re being drained by mites and leaf hoppers.

doesn't look like a deficiency to me, your plant should naturally be beginnning to slowly cut off nitrogen uptake at this time of year.

chances are, because of your heat wave, the plant is just transpiring to fast to use any of its absorbed moisture for anything, it dealt with the heat wave better than mine did xD
    look down low, i lost an entire layer of fan leaves to the heat wave and some yellowing above it, and i was giving her 2 gallons a DAY and after a few days, the mites and leaf hoppers descended, so im having an all out war with bugs and heat atm, but starting tomorrow, ill be fighting 5 days straight of rain and bud rot...

am regretting picking such a fast flowering plant this season.... if i can somehow pull this off, she will be ready in about 3 weeks, end of the first week of september.
    120999712-KIMG0163.jpg

5. Man i would get some neem oil for that bug problem and maybe a shade cloth for heat and rain.
    [​IMG]
    Trying to get a better pic for you to see whats goin on.

6. [​IMG]

7. I dont know why the pics are blurry. They where uploaded in best quality

8. Think its gotta be heat stress but my other 2 plants are un affected not sure whats goin on here

9. Lalaman how do upload those pics with that quality

10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

Maybe closer pic cause my quality sucks

12. #12 lalamann, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    i upload them directly from My pc with the upload a file button down below, then before you enter the post click the "full image" button next to the pic you uploaded as an attachment to the post.

Not sure if if it will work the same way from an iphone, it might if you go to the full website with safari and post/upload pics from there instead of the GrassCity App.

i think your plant is just sacrificing some fan leaves and absorbing their nutrient so it has less surface area to transpire from. It's just trying to keep itself cool, although looking at it closer, hitting it with a small amount of Nitrogen may not be a bad idea, not too much though or this late in the game it could cause some glossy cupping leaves (glossy sheen on leaves is ALWAYS bad, it means light is being reflected off the leaf) and lengthen your flowering cycle.

13. More an more leaves dropping like flies! Still unsure if its just heat stress. Although i am in the first week of flower. Has anyone lost 30-40% of leaves in first couple weeks of flower?

14. .

15. Update
    I flushed and added cal mag to my nutrients line up

16. I have similar happening to my plants. They all have some degree of yellowing leaves like yours. No major leaf losses yet. As long as my plants are producing new growth, I'm taking it as a part of their natural life cycle.

17. Yea man i dont know what the deal is but every year around week one or two of flower, one plant seems to lose lower foliage up to 50% of total amount and show signs of a defficiency but i cant tell if it really is a def. or if its natural

Maybe its taking nutrients from older foilage to promote bud development and new growth? Who knows

18. Do not use neem oil in flower. Never.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. [​IMG]This is heat stress

20. i think your getting heat stress and drought stress mixed up, your plant is showing signs of both... but mainly drought stress, tends to happen when you have a plant that large drinking from a 5 gallon or less pot....plants will suck that DRY daily. id be using 50-200 gallons for large outdoor plants.