heat stress on white widow?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jamified, May 29, 2006.

1. hey all. my white widow plants seem to all be looking all right so far, but my city's gone through a pretty hot streak the past few days, and my average temperature just went from 72 degrees up to like 88-90 degrees. its about my second week of vegging, and im worried that it may cause some sexual dysfunctions. Is anyone out there a white widow grower who knows how heat resistent they are? thanks a lot. :smoking:

2. my room got to 95 for a week straight once and they were fine. Just don't let them get low on water.

3. hey all. my white widow plants seem to all be looking all right so far, but my city's gone through a pretty hot streak the past few days, and my average temperature just went from 72 degrees up to like 88-90 degrees. its about my second week of vegging, and im worried that it may cause some sexual dysfunctions. Is anyone out there a white widow grower who knows how heat resistent they are? thanks a lot. :smoking:[/quote]

You happen to be in the GTA?, if you are, you'll know what im talking about. I have a very similar situation. Ive just transplanted and my plants are dealing with shock and 35 C temperatures, i think i might have given them too much water aswell. They ar starting to look a little better than they were before but its still tocu h and go for me. I know that serious stress on a plant can cause them to become hermis but i don't know if a hot outdoor climate would be enough to do that to a plant. MJ is a plant that likes to grow, so it should be able to withstand the heatwave. Good luck!

4. im not completely sure what the GTA is, unless you mean the video game grand theft auto, which im definitely a fan of... but im in the midwest of the USA, some say it's the third biggest city.... but anyway the heat seems to be making the plants grow faster if anything, but i read in a book that too much heat causes hermi's to appear. there's nothing i can really do about the temp till i move into my new apartment next month, so i guess we'll see what happens. thanks for the responses.

5. Should be fine. Watch for the soil to dry out a little more quickly, and be sure to water thoroughly when you do water.

Are you growing indoors? If so make sure your dark cycle is during the heat of the day (such as 12-6p), no point in adding to the heat by running the lights then.

If you were ever to consider a CO2 generator these heat conditions would call for it.

6. i am growing indoors. im using 4 20w flourescent lights for vegging, which i know is not the ideal amount of light, so i have been keeping the lights on 24/7. once i move into my new apartment july 1 i'm going to use my 400w hps, but i just dont have the space or money to use it in my current apartment. this is my third week of vegging, you think it's soon enough to start using my mexican bat guano (10-2-1) ? thanks for the help.

7. Yeah I got hit with that same heat wave man. I was gone for a couple of days and my plants got a little dry. now they're a little wilted and have yellow spots on them. i just open up the door to my grow room during the day and stick a box fan in there to let it air out, hopefully it'll stay cooler like it is today though huh. hopefully they recover.

8. hey nag you said you were gone a couple days. were you at summercamp by any chance? just wondering, i wonder if i saw you there?

9. nah i didn't make it. wanted to go but just didn't have the cash for it. how was it?