heat resistant indoor cannabis strain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by psytranceweederotic, Apr 7, 2020.

1. hi growers

my name is sacha
    i live in thailand at 40 degrees celsius / 104F No Air Con.
    which indoor cannabis strain can handle this heat 40 degrees celsius / 104F and still give a good harvest?
    like Satori from Mandala Seeds.
    please only specify indoor cannabis strain that are very heat resistant reg. fem. (no autoflower)

peace and love

2. I think you are out of luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. oh
    my friend what this mean?
    there is no heat resistant weed strain?

4. I've planted lots of bag seeds of all types and nothing liked over 31 degrees Celsius.

5. is there not some african, south american, asian strain that tolerate more heat?

6. Durban poison from South Africa can tolerate heat. But it to probably wouldn't do well above 31 degrees celicus.

7. do you already have grown Durban poison?

8. Mate that's exactly my cut off point aswell 31*c.
    And I'm talking about the res, not the room.
    When I had sm90 I'd heat my res to 27*c and the results are fuckin insane.
    Gotta start sweating at 29 though cos as soon as it hits 31 it's like a kick in the bollocks.
    Instant stress. Instant panic. Instant heartbreak.
    The roots fry, the plants fry... I cry :(
    It's literally only a danger in Scotland for 3 or 4 weeks of the year but fuck me it hurts if your not using enough protection.
    Id hate to be living somewhere hot.

9. Oh aye, OP.
    You just got to have a look about the breeders that are available to you.
    Find ones that in the description say things like" prefers tropical climates"
    "Mould resiststant"

Generally speaking, sativas do better with hot and humid because the buds tend to be longer and thinner.
    Means less risk of bud rot etc.

It's not an exact science but Indica tend to have bigger, denser buds that are more prone to rot from high humidity.

So where does that lead my opinion then... hmm..
    Go for something sativa leaning that finishes faster than average.

I know you said no autos aswell but you can finish some autos in 60 days and you don't have to sacrifice quality if you buy smart.
    Any photo plant will take at least that to bloom never mind the veg phase.
    Autos means less time to get problems from uncontrollable issues :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Never grown it. I know an x south African lady that said local kids go retarted on it though.

11. Your long flowering, tropical or South African sativas will be the best bet. Malawi, some Hazes, etc

12. #12 old shol4evr, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    delete

13. thank you my friend
    this is a very interesting website

14. #14 old shol4evr, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    delete

15. If you are forced to deal with 100+ temps then your best bet is to seal the room and run c02. If it is that temp even with constant exhaust fans running, then you are most likely just screwed.

• Like Like x 1