heat questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by moronparade, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I'm also extremely interested in growing hydro. I have bubblers and buckets and nifty gadgets laying around is it a lot better or faster?

2. id water with plain phd water every other time you water them the drooping and curling could be signs of nute burn/overfeeding. id move that fan inside the box with the air blowing out and just a passive intake and see what that does for your temps. if that works you may be able to get away with hooking that up to your hood and filter without buying another fan. ill draw another quick pic of what id do with with the carbon filter for now then respond to your hydro Q.

3. barn fan.jpg
    if you can hang the fan up higher it will help to drop temps more not that you need to now but when the hid setup comes. remember heat rises.
    i always set up my intake down low and exhaust in a high opposite corner

4. ive heard people compare growing hydro to riding a street bike. you can definately get from point a to point b faster but theres much less room for error and if you crash along the way its an almost certain death.
    i just started growing hydro ebb and flow style because i heard its a more forgiving way to learn the ropes of hydro than dwc and expensive water chillers arent needed. plants definatley grow alot faster in veg and no transplant shock for me using an aero cloner means they start growing as soon as roots pop and they do grow quick ph and tds meters are somewhat expensive necessary. i can take i couple pics of my veg table if you want its in my spare bedroom now all lit up kinda ghetto but youll get the idea. basicly id get a few good soil grows under your belt to learn more about training and just kinda what plants like and dont like before you try to swith to a hydro setup. do you have a way to produce your own clones?

5. I took the duct off for now and just have it blowing through a small hole in the back so pulling the heat off the back of the lights and running out the box and down would be best? The leaves have looked like that since I put those stupid houseplant spikes in when I first started the grow. I didn't start trying to do things right since I started reading here its a whole new world

6. I'm a fast learner but a learner nonetheless

7. Also with the small passive intake hole can I still maintain negative air pressure and if so would it make any different to rig a small computer fan over the intake hole?

This hobby feeds a lot of my addictions. Building things and burning things

8. hey everyones got to start somewhere. im only 20 and though ive been around it my whole life i only became passionate about growing maybe three years ago. my point being im still a learner too and plan to be as long as someone out there can grow danker bud than me. you can rig the comp. fan if youd like but really dont need to just make sure passive intake hole isnt too big. the way to maintain negative pressure is making sure your exhaust is more powerful than your intake. that way any cracks or air leaks in the box will be sucking in fresh air and not letting odor seep out. when you had the fan on the outside you had positive pressure making air from the box leak out unfiltered.

9. intead of trying hydro you should think about using the bubblers and what not to make either a bubble or areo cloner so you can sex your plants if there not femmed seeds and also keep your strains going. i could walk you through making a diy cloner of either kind for under 35 bucks starting from scratch. aero cloners are a little harder to make but work wonders easiest way to clone and fastest imho

10. I never had the fan outside I just put the ducting on it and snapped a pic before putting in back in how do you make the cloner? I have always just used root on and soil to clone but the last bit I tried I attempted too late and just ended up with a bud with roots lol
    I didn't realise it was budding when I cut it

11. I'm currently using one of my bubblers for a humidifier in my mushroom terrarium

12. youll need
    185+gph pump
    about a foot of 1" poly pipe under
    1-foot 1" poly pipe under
    2 1" end caps for pvc
    a barbed t connection with 2 1" barbs and one 1/2" barb on the borrom.
    5 gal bucket or rubbermaid tub with lid. 5$ if you dont have one laying around.
    12+ ez clone sprayers less than .50 cents a pop
    2" net cups and 2" neoprene inserts as many as you want clone sites

13. IMG_9763.jpg [/attach][/attach][/attach]

Attached Files:

14. back to the drawing board to explain

15. Wicked. I can wait. I'm looking at squirrel cage fans and such on eBay for vent thanks so much for your help

16. cl.jpg
    again bad art youll have to drill a couple little holes in the pvcandcut holes in the top for 2"netcups

17. i always add a air pump/stone as well. isnt needed but speeds rooting and helps prevent slime.

6 in. In-Line Duct Booster Fan-DB206 at The Home Depot
    this is the fan i was talking about i have at least a half dozen and love them they work great to vent or just boost airflow in long lengths of ducting. also very quite and enery efficent especially if you hook it to a fan speed controller
    Search Results for inline duct fan at The Home Depot
    and heres a some more similar ones.

18. Are bubble bars as good?

19. That many fans what kinda operation you runnin? Jeez

20. yeah stones bars wands all work just a way to difuse air bubbles in the bottom of the tank is all. did that make close to enough sense? ill toss up a couple pics i just took a min ago of the aero cloner im using at the moment then a couple picks of some clones that i just rooted and are in veg now