Heat question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by theBeesFamily, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Hey guys, my pal Clive tells me that his A/C shut off today and his grow room got to 106 degrees for a few hours, his roots were cool, and he says there is no sign of stress on his plant ( no curled or burnt leaves ) his garden, he says, still looks fine. his temperatures are back to 75-77, but he is wandering if this 3-4 hours of high heat will affect his plant.
    he has noticed that before, when growing a pure sativa (Durban Poison)- great plant by the way, that it was so sensitive to the heat ( this was before he got an A/C ) that became hermaphroditic and pollinated his whole crop.
    The plant that he is growing is a Hindu Kush X Skunk #1 so it is mold and weather resistant, but he is wanting me to seek some advise to calm his nerves.

Thanks guys, Clive appreciates it

2. #2 Tbone Shuffle, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    There's not much you can do now. If you're running dwc or other hydro you could do a fresh water change because your water must have got quite warm. Just suffer the loses if there is any and keep trucking on trying not to let it happen again. My room crept up to 90 to other day when I forgot to open my bedroom window my plants hated it. It's happened twice and my plants paid me back with a day or two of semi-sluggish growth. They bounced back in a few hours in their posture though once the temp got down to 82 range.

I just came back from a trip to Oregon and Washington sampling the legal selection. Durban poison was one of the best all sativa highs I found. Found some in Vancouver, WA that was 30% thc. That and Girl Scout Cookies were my two favorites of the trip. 30%thc blue dream was a close second, Blackberry Kush runner up for third.

3. Girl Scout Cookies is Og Kush X Durban Poison..
    it was only for a few hours, so i imagine it will be fine. it gets hotter than that outside some days and people grow outdoors. Im sure there not ruined and Clive tells me that he is growing organically in soil and the soil stayed cool, he is also just starting week 2 of flower. only time will tell

4. If it was going to kill them, you would already see massive signs of it by now. So I would say you're probably OK. But heat will kill them fast. So better be careful and make sure not to let that happen again. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clive thanks you for your input, but i think he is more worried about heat stress hermy'ing his plants

6. ya bro i think everythings good!

• Like Like x 1
  7. thanks guys ! clive says to stay high :)

• Like Like x 1