heat probs

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by indicalover, Sep 9, 2010.

1. i have a fan blowing cold air in the bottom hole in my bud box tent and a small fan blowing past my mh light what else can i do? HELP!!!!!
    p.s that is why the leaves are folding when i posted erlyer!

2. have a fan sucking the hot air out brov

3. do you think i should put the fan that is blowing over the light on the hole in the top insted?

4. you can try it you got nothing to lose brov

5. how hot is it geting bro

6. yeah i would have an exhaust fan up by the light too

7. #7 indy650, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
    heat rises so exhaust up top and intake down low. you need to find out the square feet of your room to see if your fan is big enough say your room is 50 square feet and you have a 50cfm(square feet per minute) it will replace all the air in about 1 minute. if u have 50 sq feet and a 25 cfm fan its probly not efficient because you want fresh air every minute or so. at least i think thats how it works... heres a helpful calculator

CFM Calculator :: Industrial Fans Direct

8. it is getting 80 to83 sometimes more!!!!!

9. thats not that bad dude

10. your ok till about 85f bro

11. thanks for your help folks

12. #12 indy650, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
    ya your fine i know a grow box thats around 90 and the plants are thriving 80-86 is optimum

13. No.
    This is bad info.
    75 degrees is about perfect. 80 is on the high side, 70 is on the low side.

Vent the heat from the cabinet out the top. Not having an exhaust fan is a strange choice to make. You understand how things like heat and light work, right?

14. ive heard 75 but in my 7 years of growing my plants do best around 80-85. lights 7 inches away and growing 2 inches a day. i found at 75 degrees growth slowed to about 1 1/2 a day. although different strains might like colder temp im not sure... i grow a hybrid of my old outdoor strain and white widow cross and it loves warmer temps

15. but i guess for most plants 75 is best so i shouldnt have said 80-85 because thats just what works for me not always the best temp...

16. If you are always running in the mid 80's, you should seal your grow space and add some C02 (not that cheap to run it correctly though). You wanna talk about growth, you would be impressed. :)

17. ya that is a good idea im gonna have to look into using a co2 release.

18. you always wanna blow air out of the top because heat rises.
    Your intake holes should be three to four times bigger then the size of your outtake to eliminate negative pressure. There is no fan needed to blow air in. The air being blown out will be replaced by fresh air that flows in from the bottom up. This is called a passive intake. A fan blowing inside across the canopy between the lights is a good idea. Good luck to ya. :D