Heat problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TexarkanaTim, May 14, 2009.

1. Howdy all....I have tried everything I can think of to reduce heat in my box and I'm not having any luck. The box itself is 4'x4'x6' tall. I have a 12" intake fan for fresh/cool air as well as a 9" vortex fan and a smaller 4" fan exhausting hot air out. I currently have 390 watts of CFL and another 50 watts of T5 floros. The box is outdoors, covered with a tarp and partially shaded by an oak tree. The past week the outdoors temps have been in the high 80's and my inside temps are approaching 95 degrees. Our outdoor temps get well into the low 100's in summer, so you can see my concerns. I am running the lights on a 20/4 cycle, with the dark hours between noon and 4 pm when it is hottest outside. Short of putting a small A/C unit in there, can anyone throw out some ideas to cool her off? I've run out of ideas....

2. #2 BtBR, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
    Make sure your intake is placed low and your exhaust is high. Also you could add an oscillating fan inside the box to blow on the tops of your plant and the lights, this would help circulate air and move the hot air away from the cfls as it heats.

Can't really think of anything else.

If you are really worried about heat though, adding CO2 would let you grow much hotter. The main thing that's bad about heat is that it restricts the plant's ability to absorb CO2, which can slow the growth considerably.