Heat problem!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AliensWorkshop, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Great, ive ran into yet another problem. When my 600w HPS is running in my grow tent my temperature is around 93 F. I have a 6"inline fan on it and at first I just had it circulating in the grow room but now i realize im going to have to exhaust. My only problem with that is that im also going to try and run a carbon scrubber. Does anyone have any ideas on how to run 1 6" inline fan while using a carbon scrubber AND either sucking or blowing air to the 600w lamp?

Maybe like >>>>CARBON FILTER>>>LAMP>>>>>6" INLINE>>>>>EXHAUST

or

>>>>>>LAMP>>>>>>6" INLINE>>>>>>>CARBON FILTER>>>>

any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Yeah man just have the inline fan as high as possible in your tent...buy flanges and the 6 inch ducting and run the ducting through the reflector then run the ducting out of the tent and attach a home made carbon scrubber or a carbon filter to the end of the ducting

3. yeah that sound pretty good.. need to get more ducting, got the flanges.. only problem is from what your telling me the filter would sit on the outside of the tent, correct? The filter ive got is about 18" long, made for that large inline fan. I dont know if just using a flange on it would support it. Weighs a good 15 pounds. And is it a bad idea to put a carbon filter as an exhaust rather than an intake?

Did some smoking and thought about it. Because of the extreme heat issue putting a carbon filter anywhere on the lighting ducting is just going to make the cooling process even harder. Since i have 2 unused 6" ports on the tent. What if i just got one of the cheaper 6" ducting fans and mount it on one of the 6" openings and have the carbon scrubber on it as it pulls air out of the tent. Im giving my lighting cooling fan 100% power, i would also have another exhaust out of the tent, and i would be making use of the filter. Little more complicated but i think it would be the best option.

But im still seeing if anyone has run into this problem (using 600w system in a medium size tent with bad overheating issues)

4. *bump* Still looking for the best solution :wave: