Heat Problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Blitzkriegin, Aug 12, 2014.

1. So my setup right now is a 4x4 tent with a 435cfm fan with filter... Which is larger than needed for this area. I want to use the gavita pro 6/750 DE flex or the gavita pro 100 de, so I'm wondering if there will be a heat problem if I run the 435cfm fan full blast (considering ambient temperature is ideal). The light is supposed to be cool enough to touch, but I keep reading that they give off a lot of heat, so which is it?

I won't be running AC, but all suggestions welcome, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What kind of light are you using? Do you have a temp gauge? I've been reading heat can be like 72-86 degrees. Are you monitoring your humidity?

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yes I have a temp and humidity gauge.. I don't currently have the light but am trying to choose one.. I'd like one of the gavitas, but want to know if there will be a temp problem if I'm not running ac... I just have the large fan filter combo

4. What wattage is what he's asking? Brand really doesn't matter

5. how many plants are you trying to grow? If 2-4 you could do cfls which are cheap and efficient. If you haven't started I also recommend a good soil that has lots of perlite in it. That was my last mistake. I'm not sure about gavitas, this is my setup and works great.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. Kinda, what I'm trying to say is I want a gavita, especially bc they don't put out a lot of heat, but there are mixed reviews on how much they actually put out. So I'm wondering with a gavita can I get away with a large fan/filter combo and no ac

7. What the ? Wattage will determine heat output man....