Heat Problem???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by djdannyp, Nov 29, 2006.

1. i have a grow space of about 6 and 1/2 foot X 6 and 1/2 foot and 6 and 1/2 foot tall!!! will i be able 2 use a 400w hps??? or will it be 2 hot?
    cheers

2. Depends on your ventilation, but I think two 400's are perfect for that size space as ive used 1 in half that.

3. should be fine,i use a 400w hps in a wardeobe half that size,with only a fan below the light blowing out the door,gets hot in there but not too bad,first plant survived it no problems

4. it will be fine, with a closet that size, heat wont even be a issue.

as long as you vent it, have a spoy up high, to vent out the heat,

and a spot down low to get fresh air in. as long as your ventilation is good youll do fine,

i use a ciggarette to test my air movements, hold the smoke at the air inlet hole. if it draws the smoke into the grow area, then your fine on that.. now blow a lot of smoke into the room, if it gets caught up in the exaust and is wisked out of the grow room, then your heat ,and fresh air is moving as a unit....

5. 1 400W MH light will heat up the room quite a bit, but i got like a closet 4X6x8 or somethin. rose my heat to 92degrees. but then again, i don't have a vent hooked directly to the lamps, i just keep the doors open with an AC running.

so i suggest you get a 400W with the vent tubes n stuff...should be just fine!

6. As chicken says you sahould be fine, I run 2 400s in a 6Lx3.5Wx7.5H and I had no problem keeping the air temp under control. Just have to play with your air a little and you'll have no problems.