Heat issues

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowingtheDream, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mod please delete my other thread...

20170309_130352.jpg
    This is my current set up and my grow room temps are hitting 90 and its not even summer yet..

The grow room is not located in direct sun light but is outside.

Even with the 12000 btu ac located inside the lung room the the lung room hit 80 today.

I plan on adding a 5000 btu window unit in each grow room to help.

Do you guys see any issues with my ventilation? Summer is going to be here in no time...

Grow room is 5x7.5x6.5
    Entire grow room is 18x7.5x6.5

2. Ha sorry - I've subbed there.

The only thing I would change about your setup would be to put the lights and CF (carbon filter) on there own fan(s).

If you are pulling the hot air through the CF that's the air that is passing over your lights. i.e if air is 80* as it passes through the CF then that hot air is passing over your lights and warming up the lights even more.

If you can pull air in from outside (ideally) or separately from lung room then temps will drop.

For example in this tent the cool hood has cool air (60*) being brought in from outside the tent with its own fan and is extracted outside ... maybe 70* by the time it leaves

[​IMG]

Where as here air that has already been heated by the light in the tent (80*) goes through the CF and then over lights ... that air will be 90*+ by the time it gets out.

[​IMG]

Exit temperature itself isn't relevant, but it demonstrates that if cold air is brought in then the lights will be cooler, and the over all temperatures will be lower.

Hope I have explained that correctly!

I would also throw in some 6"-10" fans to blow between lights and canopy. The longer air stays still the more it warms up. Think about how much colder it feels when there's some wind when outside. The fan will keep air moving around, and when the stems sway the get stronger a thicker.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just had a quick look at your pictures in your journal. Are you able to cut more intake holes? If not then the above is bit useless! Sorry!

4. What kind of fans?

5. Sorry, oscillating fans between the lights and canopy to move the air around. And inlines for the CF's and Light Tubes

6. Subbed

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

7. I would be pulling fresh air in to the light. That I'm sure will help big time

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

8. You need inline centrifugal fans not duct boosters? That'll fix the heat