heat issues

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by rickcg76, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Hi, Im setting up my grow room it will be my first grow in hydroponics and indoors. so far I have one problem here, the heat inside my tent. I havent finished my grow room yet, I have everything ready, I just need to duct the extraction and ventilation fans and filter and reflector, and the plants of course.

My grow room is a 5x5 tent, with one extractor fan conected to the filter. One fan for the reflector, and one intake fan close to a window to get fresh air inside the tent with a duct and inside the grow room a mini storm blower to circulate the new fresh air. I have one og vertical hood with a 1000 watt bulb. and some oscilating fans. I still need to install a few things, like the co2, and a chiller for my reservoir of a waterfarm 8 pack and the RO filtration system. one of my friends suggest me to get a sentinel enviroment controller and an icebox heat exchanger to cool down the temp and the reflector. but I did a little research and the icebox need at leasy a 1/4hp chiller, mine is a 1/10, so everything will get more expensive for me.. Im already over my budget. But I will buy whatever is needed to cool down the room. Im testing everything before starting the grow. The temp inside the tent went from 24 c. to 34 c. with the door of the tent open and the fans on (without ducting, just the fans, I guess once ducted the temp will be lower). As you can see it is too hot in there.

I need advise and suggestions to fix this issue. any ideas?

I will post some pictures of my grow room later today. Any help will be appreciated it

2. I am a first time grower and when i started up my system I ran into the same problem you are having, so hopefully I will save you some time. The first thing I noticed is that you were doing a trial run with your tent open. I am doing a closet grow, similar size as yours, and when I started up my temperature was around 43 Celsius with the door open! When I kept the door closed, my temperatures are staying at around 24 - 27 degrees and I have about half the hardware you have. Someone on this forum mentioned this to me so I can't take credit, but when the door is open the fans are trying to pull air from the entire room. This makes them practically useless and the pots are getting the full heat from the lights. Your oscillating fans are just blowing air around and aren't actually cooling anything. Close the tent and try again and you should notice your temperature level out and start decreasing.

Also, this sound very cheap, but I placed a bucket of water in the room. This increased the humidity and lowered the temperature even more. I am going to get a humidifier, but this is almost as effective for only the cost of tap water.

I know you said you haven't finished all of your duct work, but you can't get a good estimate until you have your ducting with all your fans running and the tent light proof. For the size tent you are running, you have more than you need so don't be concerned with that. Get everything assembled and I'm confident your temperature will be just fine.

3. [quote name='"Ddiggs690"']

I am a first time grower and when i started up my system I ran into the same problem you are having, so hopefully I will save you some time. The first thing I noticed is that you were doing a trial run with your tent open. I am doing a closet grow, similar size as yours, and when I started up my temperature was around 43 Celsius with the door open! When I kept the door closed, my temperatures are staying at around 24 - 27 degrees and I have about half the hardware you have. Someone on this forum mentioned this to me so I can't take credit, but when the door is open the fans are trying to pull air from the entire room. This makes them practically useless and the pots are getting the full heat from the lights. Your oscillating fans are just blowing air around and aren't actually cooling anything. Close the tent and try again and you should notice your temperature level out and start decreasing.

Also, this sound very cheap, but I placed a bucket of water in the room. This increased the humidity and lowered the temperature even more. I am going to get a humidifier, but this is almost as effective for only the cost of tap water.

I know you said you haven't finished all of your duct work, but you can't get a good estimate until you have your ducting with all your fans running and the tent light proof. For the size tent you are running, you have more than you need so don't be concerned with that. Get everything assembled and I'm confident your temperature will be just fine.
    .[/quote]

Thank you for The info. I dont have ducts yet. I will get then till Monday. Once I duct everything I will test it again and let you know