Heat issues with in-line fan

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by JSgrewit42, Jul 21, 2018.

1. So I have the in-line fan inside of my tent and the carbon filter on the outside due to the size of my filter I cannot hang it and then attach the fan directly. it’s a 2x2 tent. The temp was 77 now at 82 because I added the filter earlier when the smell started filling up my room. Need advice. This pic allows you to see the filter on top and the fan hanging.

Attached Files:

2. 1. Where’d you find a 2 x 2 tent? I want one for my males

2. Are you able to fit a regular fan?

I can’t answer your problem, so I figure I might as well say nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Amazon has it all

• Like Like x 1
  4. everything is on amazon agreed

5. If the fan smells , turn it off , if the fan is hot to your touch or making noise then most likely the bearings are worn out .
    The online fans I buy ( Active Air ) are commercial grade and its possible replace the bearing and rebuild the motors .

6. Bump.

Hey bro, did you ever find a solution for your heat problem? I’m having the same issues in a new room.
    Plus to make matters worst for me, my window wont fit an AC unit to possibly cool down the temps outside the tent.

7. they make 'portable' room a/c units, just a hose or 2 to run though the window!
    what is your ambient room temps and tent temps.?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lol funny you said that, same day I bumped this thread I broke down and bought a portable AC.

Temps are 86 on the low end, 91 on the high end; averages about 88

9. ...portable AC hasn’t arrived yet, just fyi

10. you will be in fine shape when that a/c unit shows up.!!
    get the room temp down to the low 70's, then your tent should stay 80 or less.!!