Heat Humidity Control in grow tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by lazyleopard10, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Hello guys first time posting on this forum in a number of years. I'm currently having an issue with my heat and humidity in my grow tent. I live in SoCal so summertime is here and it's starting to get  hot outside. Right now my tent is running between 82-86 degrees and I can't seem to get it any cooler and at its most humid the tent is only at 50%. I have a 1000w MH running in there that is air cooled with a 6" 420 cfm exhaust fan with a speed controller hooked into it. The ducting is attached to one of the intakes to my central AC in the house. When I turn on the air or the house fan I can get an extra boost of suction when needed.

I currently have two passive intakes at the bottom both made with 4" 90 degree PVC elbows stuck together to make "U" and then wrapped in black panty hose to keep light out. There is a good degree of negative pressure with the fan on medium. 82 is the coolest I can seem to get it because that's honestly as cool as the room that the tent sits in probably gets even with the AC running. My real question is the humidity. I have a small humidifier in the tent and have an open gallon jug of water as well as a couple dixie cups of water in there trying to make it more humid. For some reason I can never get it past 50%. Is there anything anyone can recommend I can do to make this grow cooler/more humid?