Heat from HID/HPS/MH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SpartanGrower, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Will the heat from a 150 watt HPS/MH bulb be enough
    to kill a plant in a 2x4x5 mylar tent?

(only 2 small 6inch clip on fans for air ventelation)

2. Heat can kill a plant, or just simply produce weak results. You don't want either. What does the thermometer say?

3. do you have at least one of those fans exhausting?

4. Im not growing right now, and I wont be using any ducting equipment because of money. I just want a simple 2 small plant grow in a 20x36x64 mylar tent.

Only sort of air ventalation will be 2 small 6 inch clip on fans.

I will have a vent open for intake air and for out take air.

5. why do you want to know if thats enough to kill it. dont kill the plant.lol

i got a 150 watt hps going right now in x 2 x 2 x 6 closet 2 fans 1 in 1 out no problems with temp. but you have to get the 150 with external ballast the whole kit with bulb reflector ballast is 75 bucks shipped from htg

6. without ducting, don't do it. any hid light in a small space has to be completely ducted with a fan.

7. I vented my 3x3 tent for under $100. That included two inline duct booster fans, flexi ducting, rigid ducting angles, pvc angles, black spray paint, and foil tape. I use a 400w digital and my temps havent been over 74 yet.

8. It's going to be completely dependent on the environment that the tent is in.

My basement drops to 20 degrees F in the winter and 90 degrees in the summer.
    My attic is always about 75 degrees year round. So naturally I picked my attic as my space as I had the option and could more easily control a static temp.

I guess the short answer is what does the thermometer say during a 4 or 5 hour test run?

9. I found these cheap duct fans at HTGS.

High Tech Garden Supply

I should have one intake, and one outake, and one oscillating fan?