Heat and Humidity problem

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ghsbum08, May 28, 2012.

1. HI. Everyone. This is practically my first grow and Im doing it in my room that is sort of a basement and I am on a strict budget. I finally got my light setup and my ventaltion setup.

My humidity is around 50 - 60 and the temp has been rising above 85. I know I still need to get a couple more fans for circulation in the tent. Does anyone have any good suggestions, that won't break the bank, on a good way to lower humidity and temperature inside the tent.

BTW I have a 400w HPS with 2 6in inline duct fans for ventalation.

Thanks for any help.:smoke:

2. Adding more fans probably not going to solve your problem . Fans do not cool the air or reduce humidity , they only move the air from point A to point B . So if you intake air is already warm and humid then extra fan not going to make much difference . I personally do not grow indoors during the summer because of the possible heat problems .

3. i know what the problem is, it's your duct fans, they don't have the power to remove the heat from the light. you'll need a 6" inline (can-fan, vortex etc) and vent it out of the room.
    I would use the spare duct fan to blow air into the tent.

4. From the pictures, it looks like your intake is bringing in air from the same room it is expelled. Make sure you expel the heat to the outside (that window next to it) and make sure it doesn't get back in. It helps if the intake isn't bringing in already hot air. And like fomoiri said, make sure your fans have the power to move the air.

5. Ducted fan power system will be installed by preventing your heat and humidity problem. 30 amp speed controller or higher is needed through ELE recommendation. I am completely agree with you fomoiri. It only comes in black or grey color.

6. Over working my fan question: My tent is 20cuft - have a 195cfm pulling the air out and one hole vent on bottom venting in. My tent caves in quite a bit which is I believe negative pressure, which I was told is okay. But, am I actually overworking my fan? It's on a speed control set on about 1/2 power until I hook up my carbon filter. Also, should I hook up a small vent fan to push a bit of air in? Oh, the temp is on hi end 81-84, humidity 46-51, 400w hps 20/4, autos.