Heartbroken

Discussion in 'General' started by F250sd, Oct 8, 2017.

1. After nursing and caring over a few beautiful plants this past season, someone came onto our property yesterday and cut them down in the middle of the night. Personally I no longer smoke, although my wife enjoys it, helps immensely with her Arthritis and we were just days away from harvest. Everything was going so well. Our first signs of amber colored Trichomes had appeared, we were so excited and now there all gone.

So wrong, on so many levels. Whoever it was, I can only hope in Karma!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd order some bear traps for next year

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Fuck yeah, bear traps never fail.

Unless you forget where you put them.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 2
  4. So bears ate the weed? :GettingStoned:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. This is why we have guns. Sometimes there are valid reasons to point the trigger in the criminal direction. Protect your property! American ideal #2 otherwise we live in a lawless society of sycophants and hoodlums.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Security should always be a top priority for the grower. I don't advocate setting any kind of a trap as a means of deterance due to liability issues (if you think getting ripped off is bad wait till a thief sues you for injuries and wins). the best all around solution is to secure the property with fences and dogs. Fences limit and impede access to your grow and dogs act as an active deterance and real time alarm system.
    Another issue to keep in mind is weighing how low to wait for optimal harvest versus ending the grow with what you have on hand. On this website most are quick to urge giving your plants as long as possible to maximize your return, but the longer you wait the more likely it is that you'll suffer a loss. Thieves or catipillars can devastate your crop overnight (as you now know). Insect damage really doesn't become a problem until right at the end of your grow where dense buds offer them ideal conditions to thrive. I never beat myself up for being overly cautious and pulling plants on the early side of harvest readiness.

7. I’m lucky enough to live in the country so i target practice 2 to 3 times a week. Amazing how the sounds of large caliber fire repels undesirables.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Without doubt, I agree %100 and am kicking myself in the ass. I live in Connecticut's Fairfield County, the weather has been unseasonably warm and almost cut them down the night before the bastards took them.

9. I almost never give the disagree rating. :GettingStoned: It’s because I would never shoot someone for ripping off a weed patch. Too many fourteen year old kids would be losing their lives, and then wouldn’t be around to help pay my social security when I retire...

10. This sounds like a personal attack. Someone close to you knew about it,,,ie. neighbor, disgruntled family member, jackass kids, some one wanted to make a point or hurt you emotionally. I would invest in a security cam.

11. Rule number one in my opinion about growing is tell no one. I don’t know your property or grow site location. But it sounds like one of two things happened: 1.) someone random just happen to find your site and also happen to know what marijuana looks and smells like and also just happen to know how to cutdown and remove your crops. And they just happen to stumble onto it.

2.) you told somebody about what you’re doing and either they did this or blabbed to somebody else about it and then you got robbed because of their big mouth.

No body knows I grow anymore. About a month ago I corrected an issue with having told two people by faking being upset for about two weeks as I explained about how my plants all died and I’m giving up on growing and maybe I’ll try again in the spring. No one knows I grow. And I don’t think I’ll ever tell anyone about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. I totally don't know that you grow anymore. I wont tell anyone, I swear.