Heartache, Heartbreak

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SassyMelassy, Dec 7, 2010.

1. As if my life weren't hard enough...
    My boyfriend broke up with me via Google Talk because he can't handle the stress of my life AND the stress of his life.
    And now he's not talking to me at all.

There's no way I could have seen this coming. Everything was awesome. The last weekend we spent together was amazing. He was amazing.

My heart is shattered.

2. I'm so sorry, Sassy. You'll need to keep your chin up and remember that everything happens for a reason. I broke up with my ex (granted it was mutual) about 5 months ago, and we lived together for about 3 years. I'm still struggling with it, but we need to remain positive. You're obviously a wonderful and beautiful person, so life will get better.

From what you've posted, it seems like he made an impulsive and stressed decision. What's to say he won't regret it very soon? It doesn't seem like anything you two can't work out...

Best of luck lady.

3. Wow, he did it over Gtalk?

I'm sorry Sassy, keep your head up, hopes high, and bowl loaded.

Time heals all wounds, trust me.

4. Sorry to hear that Sassy, I know things have been pretty rough for you lately, hopefully that all changes, You seem like a great person and you deserve better!

5. Thanks for your support guys, it's much appreciated.
    Sometimes I worry that I am entirely unlovable.

6. wait, wait...

you're talking about the same boyfriend that you mentioned yesterday??
    whaaa? hmm, that sucks, it must really suck.

you better stop thinking like that, because i guarantee you're wrong.

7. Yup, one in the same.
    I was totally blind sided. Had the rug pulled out from under my feet.
    Nothing I can do. His mind is made up.

I was under the impression that when you love someone you take the good with the bad. Unfortunately, he didn't feel the same way.

8. :( That's pretty damn lame he did it over gchat, please tell me he isn't older than 20 and breaking up on gchat?

Stay strong, keep your head up.

9. 31 years old.
    When I tried to phone him, he ignored my calls.
    This morning, again via gchat, he said he needed time to separate his emotions from mine.
    Apparently I only bring him down.
    This is, of course, after last weekend when my dad called me to tell me that I'm lazy, that my mom wants me out of her house, etc. etc.... of course I was crying. And he held me, told me everything would be ok.... told me to let it all out.....
    and I did, because I trusted him....
    What a silly girl, I am.

10. Not to hate on you, but it sounds like the dude was kind of a turd.
    screw him

I'd say this should be all the more reason to find a nice job, move into your own place, and start living a great life without turds. Sometimes you've gotta hit rock bottom before you can fly to the top. That way you appreciate it more when things are going your way, which of course they will, someday.

11. I keep thinking I've hit rock bottom and then something else happens to bring me down even further.
    I need to get a job, get my own place, become self sufficient, and then worry about a relationship.
    I just thought, mistakenly, that we had something really special... and he LET me believe that....
    Stupid, stupid girl.

Not to mention, now who's going to supply me with free weed??
    :(
    Not that it's even an issue. It's been 10 days since I smoked last, might as well just give it a good break.

12. All you can say, regardless of the times you had, is that if he ended things like that, and can't cope with who you are, then he doesn't deserve you, and you shouldn't want him.

List all the things that make you upset, put them into two categories, 'things I can control', and 'things I can't control'. Focus on the things you can, him being an idiot is out of your control, so don't focus on it too much.

Good tidings :hello:

13. You're right.
    But I am the kind if person who is dictated by emotion.
    The logic exists, in my brain, I can see things logically, but when it comes to action, my emotions always interfere.
    That being said, I'm not going to beg him to take me back and I'm not even sure that I would go back at this point.
    Only thing I can think to do is become a wonderful happy person and make him regret breaking up with me... over gchat...

14. Plus side no more stressing over an Xmas gift for him with no budget.

15. Touche.

16. Sorry, I still can't get over the face that he did it over gtalk. What a fucking douche.

17. The kicker is...
    not 2 sentences before, he was telling me how much he missed me, loves me, can't wait to see me....
    :rolleyes:
    I still love him, but I guess I just love the unrealized the potential.
    I'm too proud to beg, and I am who I am.
    Take it or leave it.

18. That's what I want to hear :)

I just don't get why people can't man-up and do it in person? To me, it's too personal to do it via text, let alone fucking gtalk. I guess that just goes to show how much of a man he really is?

19. What the hell? Seriously??

Google has a chat?!?

20. Yeah, it;s called Google Talk... it's pretty sweet.