Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart rate

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jacksonn, Oct 12, 2011.

1. I've been smoking three times a week since early July. Late in July I had a real panic attack while blazed and my heart rate shot up to 95ish beats a minute. My heart rate has not gone down since. And suggestions on what to do?

2. 95ish really isn't something we worry about in the medical field, it's not even defined as tachycardia, so if you want to slow it down, there are a few things you can try. Bear down, like your going to use the bathroom, (sounds funny, but it's called vasovagal response, it activates the Vegas nerve, causing bradycardia, and could throw the heart back to normal) if that doesn't work and you're really worried about it, visit your doctor. He may give you a med to control it, but if it's only 95, it's not too Much of a worry.

3. OP, if you had no idea what any of that meant like me, don't worry. I took the liberty of doing a quick google search.

Vasovagal response: Vasovagal response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Bradycardia: Bradycardia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Vagus nerve: Vagus nerve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's right about 95 not being anything to worry about; it's on the faster side of a healthy heart rate. It just means you're getting a decent amount of blood to your heart :) Weed does increase your heart rate, so if you continue to worry about it, maybe it's not for you.

4. A tch molecule will induce rapid heart beat. why? the receptors are firing more causing a mild mental chaos. don't smoke blunts either

5. [quote name='"420dispensary"']A tch molecule will induce rapid heart beat. why? the receptors are firing more causing a mild mental chaos. don't smoke blunts either[/quote]

No randomness please.

6. It also goes up higher when I rip the bong rather than smoking the pipe. So I was thinking it could be connected to the size of the hit.

7. It is connected to the size of the hit, because the larger the hit, the larger thc content, the larger thc amount, the more thc affects, (fast heart rate)

8. So just stick to bowls and joints?

9. Well the heart rate up and down thing shouldnt be causing you problems with smoking, you may notice it, but as was already stated, unless it really bothers you, just continue smoking whatever you want :D