Heart rate

Discussion in 'General' started by Calsig, Mar 23, 2003.

1. I know this is a common complaint, but my heart rate's been going up a lot every time i smoke this really strong shit i got. It doesn't bother me other than the fact it's a mystery toi me, im not paranoiud or anxious, so i dont tihnk it's a panic attack, but... in any case, anyone know what's up?

2. yeah, of corse ur hart rates gunna go up when u do anydrug, dont worry its normul, just if u start to get worryed....just sit down smoke a butt if ya do, and relax....thanks.....peaces....MrSbb

3. I reckon your whole metabolism increases. If ya think about it that would kinda explain munchies and the heart rate thing. That said though wouldnt it be more likeley for a stimulant to do that- weed's a depressant.... Hmmmmmm.... The biochemistry of it all....

4. pop two asprin to thin your blood a little and don't worry about it.

5. Actually, pot's a blood thinner already.

And your heart rate shoots up because pot dilates the blood
    vessels. Don't worry about it, you're not gonna have a heart
    attack, unless you're really out of shape or something.

6. This isn't normal heart-rate increase though. I've been smoking pot for around 3 years, and I know it's normal for your rate to go up. But with this stuff it goes up beyond even what's normal for pot. It gets so fast that I tires me out quickly, I don't even feel like smoking anymore. Is there any way to prevent this??

7. hey calsig...

exact same shit happened to my pal.

only difference was, with him it started freaking him out a little bit because he never used to get it... ...he stopped smoking because of it. it ruined his highs because he couldnt stop thinkin about it.

i think he wants to get back on teh herb again these days though.

but seriously... it's nothing to worry about.

8. It's more of an annoyance than a threat, really. I know it's nothing to worry about. At first it came on because of a mild panic attack, but even once I relax it stays. Even when I completely forget it's there, I soon realise my heart's still beating ultra-fast. I'm not looking for answers or reassurnace, only a way to alleviate the situation.

So does anyone know how to slow your heart rate effectively, when high?
    Thanks. Keep smokin' G's y'all

9. i have the same problem...i dont know of any "medical"way of slowing down your heart rate,but what i do is put in some cool music and watch my fish or do some artwork.i soon get so relaxed and even forget about it.i think sometimes that we get conscience of it then get kinda worried.i did when i first started,but in time just get used to it.i would recommend just doing something you enjoy to get your mind off it.hope this helps you friend......peace