Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart Rate

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by StevoX, Jul 16, 2006.

1. whenever i get high, im constantly watching my heart rate. it annoys me, i wish i could just get high like i used to, but i worry that my heart will pump itself too fast for its own good yo know :(

any tips to forget it?

2. It will always happen; it's the body's natural defence against the toxins you are feeding it to panic.

No tips, except, if it is that bad....why are you still smoking?

3. cos i like the other effects :p

i just try not to notice it. mind you i had a good high yesterday:smoking:

4. Just take care; if they turn into full-blown panic attacks, that would be the time to quit, IMO.

5. take a break from smokin for a couple days

6. yeah cheers for the input peeps. ive had a panic attack off it before when i was just so baked i couldnt stand up straight :eek:

7. The high that u get from cannabis is BECAUSE your heart is beating faster that is what part of what gives u your high smoking also thickens the blood it makes it sticky which means your heart has to work harder to pump the blood around this is partly why people have heart attacks half an aspirin a day is known to thin the blood thus making it easier for your heart to pump the blood around mayby this will help also yogic breathing can lower the heart rate

8. do you have heart problems? assuming you don't..jus chill out man! it's normal, happens to every pothead every time they toke up. you're not going to die your heart is jus beating the same speed it would if you ran a few laps, only you didn't run you just got really stoned and that's way better than running so be happy because your heart beating fast is just showing you that the weed is working...! :)

9. Actually, that's sound advice for anyone, regardless of whether they smoke. A glas of red wine a day is also good.

10. yeah this happens to me too, then i think i should just be grateful for being able to be high and then i don't mind it too much...

11. hahaa. i notice it but if i get high enough i laugh too much to notice it so its all good. thanks all

you're all :cool:

12. U aint gonna die from a heart rate increase, when I drink then smoke I've had my heart get up to 180 bpm before, time to cut down when u get bad chest pains when smoking....

Although smoking is bad 4 ya, the heart increase is actually a cardiovascular workout :)

13. You might if you're having a coronary......

14. If your that worried about your heart, dont smoke.

15. I never usually heard of this before. Your heart has an increase in speed etc we all know that. Yes, you're 4x more likely to have a heart attack, but at your age (im guessing your 18+) heart attacks are so rare it's unheard of.

Hopefully you don't suffer from heart problems, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're a smart person therefore you don't have heart problems and smoke green.

16. honestly my friend does that, i wouldnt worry about it too much. if it bothers you go see a doctor. :D

17. If you take aspirin it can make it harder for cuts to heal cause the blood is thin, but a small amount probally won't really matter.

I dunno your just fixated on it, just try taking a bunch of small gentle hits and smoke at a slow pace, just stay calm if its really a problem concentrating on it then play some video games or anything to take your mind off of it.