Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart Rate while high.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AlexanderGeorge, Sep 13, 2018.

1. I've got a problem here...After I smoke weeed(doesn't matter the quantity or how many hits)my heart rate go up to 158 bpm.After 30 minutes after smoking,heart rate goes down to 100-115 bpm.Anyone else is having this problem?And if YES,is it something life threatening?Had ECK and echocardiogram a few days ago,and both came back NORMAL.

2. R U smoking a Sativa? I can't,; If I do, my heart rate jumps, but not that high..My "Normal rate" averages about 90 beats and jumps to about 110 if I ingest a Sativa..
    For me..Indicas are the opposite and lower my BP and BPM..

3. Forgot..WELCOME!!:love-m3j:

4. Yestarday l smoked Purple Haze but I also have some white widow(hybrid).I will smoke White widow today and I will replay afterward....Thanks for your reply!
    Btw:Do you think that 158 bpm while high is life threatening in any ways?

5. I am no doctor, but if it were mine..I would lie down until it lowered..
    Hazes kill me anxiety wise ( I am older now)..I do smoke WW (my own grow), but there are many many different Pheno types out there..some favoring Sativa and some favoring the Indica side (PURE anything is pretty rare these days (Landrace strains)..almost everything now are hybrids..If you grow, you can control (to a small part) of how the smoke reacts by chopping when the trichomes are the "right" color for you..ie: clear..(no), cloudy-amber yes for me)
    harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

6. I'am from UK,so growing is not an easy option for me.

7. It's just anxiety or a speedy strain imo. If i get a little too lit, i take a hot shower and chill in it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's normal. Should lesson while your tolerance changes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is your bpm going up to 150 while high?

10. No, but it I remember racey heartbeat when I was new to smoking.

Don't be anxious or have bad feelings about smoking and then smoke. Only do it when the feeling has passed.

Stay calm, even if you get uncomfortably high. It will always be temporary.

If you're otherwise healthy, it's probably not harmful. If you had existing conditions, it could be different.

Are you new to smoking?

• Like Like x 1
  11. A rapid heart rate CAN be dangerous, especially if you already have a hidden condition..Just sayin:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. That's basically what I'm sayin, but he's had tests done on his heart, so he's pretty much ruled that out.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Some heart tests will not show stuff like enlarged or partially constricted blood vessels (Blood pressure is so important coupled with the Heart Rate)..I have read cases where a patient's BP was fine..then out of nowhere..Boom..Embolisms OR....:(

ie: I have a congenital Right Bundle Branch Block (heart communication to the brain)..it was not uncovered until I reached 35! Maybe it was the equipment or even the Doctor, but it scared the crap out of me..Luckily I found out that the condition appears in about 5% of the population from birth, and the heart makes up for it moving more blood thru the side that communicates with the brain..
    EDIT..If it was NOT congenital..it signals Heart attack:(
    VERY scary at the time, and eventually caused trouble with my health insurance.
    Sorry OP..didn't want to scare you but stuff happens to the best of us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

14. I am smoking weed since 2008.But I had several breaks,some of which lasted years.I hope I can smoke in pace and this high bpm is nothing serious.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Don't worry over a heart rate of 150 unless it stays that high. THC increases heart rate so your fast heart rate is perfectly normal. It probably goes up to around 120 or so and you notice it, get anxious, and the anxiety makes it go even faster. The best thing you can do is totally ignore it. When you do notice it high, don't check how high, just distract yourself and think about something else. 150 is okay, just let it go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Last time I smoked(2 days ago),my bmp went up to 143,then after 20 minutes,it had decreased to 115 bmp.Even when my bmp goes up to 150 it stays like that for at most 30 minutes.Hope that this is not causing any damage to my heart.I really love weed so I wouldn't wish to give up on it.

17. You're not hurting anything. Do you have a heart rate monitor?

18. My heart rate is always high that’s why I don’t mess with sativas.

19. Yes,I've got a heart monitor!

20. For me it doesn't metter if it is sativa,hybrid or indica.My heart beats fast no matter the strain!