heart going crazy after smoking, need advice

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KingStun10, Nov 29, 2011.

1. This seems to happen a lot in high school. I remember a lot of people would try weed for the first time and flip shit, and never touch it again. It's because they think they are all macho by taking a fat rip, and end up not being able to handle their shit.

It happens bro. It sucks you got to the point of having to call the ambulance. Next time, if you ever find yourself in that situation, go find some munchies and some water, and just chill out, knowing it will pass with time. Or better yet, enjoy the ride.

2. Weed increases your heart rate. Sounds like you had a panic attack to go along with it. Glad you are OK dude!

3. good points, i was not trying t show off or anything by takin a bit hit. It was the fact that i smoked alot of hash it 1 hit not really knowing its potency. I have taken many huge hits before but nothin like this, that hash burned really really fat. And btw i did enjoy the ride, i think it was a pretty cool experience even tho it sucked...

4. If I get that call, Ill make him give me his weed.

5. No need to be embarrassed. I had many experiences of my heart beating out of control and what KS10 and I are not talking about is not a simple elevation of heart rate where it speeds up a little bit, which is normal with pot but the heart beating at an extremely high rate. It is a frightening experience and it is especially frightening the first time it happens. Going to the hospital when something that extraordinary happens, especially with your heart, would be the natural,normal and prudent thing to do.
    People really need to understand that the THC range in weed can range from 3% in some lower quality pot to 50-60% in some concentrates. So the range of potency is very wide. If you don't know the potency of what you are smoking and especially if it is a concentrate, take a very small dose and see how you react. Wait, give it time and observe. Did you know that some eatables can take up to 2 hours to get into your system?
    We are using and enjoying a drug that needs to be used with some caution. I know no one likes to read this but we are using, what can be, a very powerful drug. It needs to be respected, used cautiously and wisely. If used that way it can be a very pleasant and life enhancing experience. If not then you can find yourself in trouble. KS10 learned the hard way.
    Thanks for sharing KS10 and hopefully people can learn from your experience.

6. thank you this is very helpful emotionally for me. I feel that this needed to be said, i suppose that the concentrate that i has taken was much stronger then i had thought. And yes this is no ordinary "raised heart beat" like if you were standing next to me you could defiantly "see" that my chest was pounding.

7. Thats what happened before I realized the shit I smoked was meant to be smoked in small quantities. I even talked to someone else about this bcoz I've smoked for a long time and hadn't ever had this happen. My dumb ass lost my hitter so rolled a j. Smoked half, and then it hit. I was nauseas and my body was going to sleep, with or without me lol. I slept so damn good though. I def over did it. Although, being who I am and the condition I have, the heart beating out of my chest part was less alarming then the nausea. Just cause I smoke mostly for the sleep, pain and anti nausea effect.

I'm rambling. Point is, your ok. Just learn to feel the weed and gauge yourself that way. I didn't take into account that the weed was a slower but powerful hitter.

8. An update to this story for those who care: I talked to my parents about marijuana and told him this is most likely what had caused the problem. Had a deep talk about it which is emotional for me cus i have never really opened up about this before. I told him that i thought this was the safest possible drug for me to do, and still believe that. They said that i should stop forever and that my life was in danger.

I think that they got the wrong idea about the drug now that they have seen and experienced what it did to me. Is there anything i should tell them to help understand? im not doing the best right now guys some support would be greatly appreciated

9. wasting the paramedics time

10. okay man like stfu and get out! im pretty sure i did not waste his time because my heart rate was at 200bpm and that is dangerously high, at risk for a heart attack

11. [quote name='"KingStun10"']

okay man like stfu and get out! im pretty sure i did not waste his time because my heart rate was at 200bpm and that is dangerously high, at risk for a heart attack[/quote]

You were wasting their time. You never mentioned getting any medication from the doctors or them telling you anything about what happened? You would have been fine if you didn't freak out.

12. Happened to me the other night but i was alone :(

13. this is probably true but it is scary when your heart is beating that hard, especially when it has never happened to me before

14. You had a panic attack and you made it worse by thinking about it. Shit happens man, and when it hits the fan, remember..Your High!

I'm not sure the exact cause but its your weed. Might be a bad batch, not cured properly or might be growing mold. Could also be that strain. Try another strain or hybrid type and see what happens.