Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart Bypass Surgery.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SourBlunt, Jul 22, 2012.

1. So out of does anyone think weed would beneficial to someone who has undergone heart surgery? I know that weed increases your heart rate which might put some strain on the heart.

2. Let me preface with the fact that I have a very limited knowledge of anatomy and physiology--so please do not unleash the fury of hell upon me if I am off base.

I don't think it's the weed that necessarily makes your heart rate increase; rather It's the process of smoking that causes it to act as a vasoconstrictor (constrictor of blood vessels)...smoking cigarettes does the same thing.

So perhaps a strain specific edible that cause deep relaxation or laziness would be good on a day where they particularly feel wired out or when their blood pressure is really high.