Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart beat

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sparkin, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Sometimes when I smoke weed I'll get an insanely fast heart beat, to the point where I get scared and think I'll have a heart attack or some shit.

Is this normal? I know it is a side effect of smoking weed but it happens every time I smoke some good shit, maybe it has something to do with that?

2. I think its fairly common, it happens to me sometimes. It just seems really high because you are, well, high. Just try to occupy yourself with something else and forget about it, I dont know of anybody having a heart attack because they smoked too much.

3. Been smoking for little over a year and a half now, and during the beginning it was a love hate relationship with mary jane... Would make me feel really good and receptive to music, but i would get insane moments of panic that would cause chest pains and rapid heart beat. Eventually through learning to control my limits (not smoking a full twamp in one sitting), I fould a good way to balance the high without getting freaked out.

Make sure you smoke in a comfortable place, with people who don't make you feel pressured. And if you do ever get that feeling and want to control it eat some bread, the gulcose brings your high down really fast so you wont be paranoid any longer (although you do lose the high haha). Hope this helped.

4. i used to get so high that my heart would beat and i would just chill watching myself from space, to the drum my heart was playing.

man i miss getting that high:eek:

5. dont worry. the first time i hit a bong, I was at my dealers house and my heart started going crazy. then i was really baked and forgot about it.:wave:

6. lol i got a tachycardia(wierd, rapid heartrate) and i feel that way too alot but when i actually listen and count it is normal. i think its just u being high lol

7. call the police and ambulance immediately before you go into cardiac arrest.. This is not normal. I repeat this is not normal. Nah.:cool: That was such a cool sentence, not:rolleyes:

LIFE

8. THC increases heart rate, not the smoke. And if you get anxious about it, that will release adrenaline and adrenaline will further increase it, so just relax and take slow steady breaths. If you can jog for 15 minutes, then you that should reassure you that your heart is strong enough to have weed.

9. Happens to me all the time. You get used to it after a couple times.

10. 1) You won't have a heart attack from a fast heartbeat. Heart attacks are caused by a clot in the heart.

2) Nobody has ever died from smoking weed. People have been smoking weed for 5000 years, if a fast heart beat from weed could kill you, we'd know about it by now.

3) Happens to everybody :)

11. I smoke weed and go on pretty strenuous mountain bike rides (10-15 miles). My heart works just fine under pressure when high.

12. Deep breathing can help you relax a little bit. Make sure you're breathing slowly, and by expanding your stomach instead of your ribcage/chest area. That can help to calm down anxiety and such too. :smoke:

13. depends on the strain i smoke/how much i smoke. it scares me always, but i have to control my thoughts and realize that im overthinking

14. Happens to me all the time man

15. exactly... your feelings may just be nerves our your head from being high lol trust me i have had to keep an eye on my heart big time for the last three years and even if i "feel" like it may be racing ive counted it out and the rate/ rythm is just fine. like he said there has never been a marijuana caused death.:smoke:

16. Mary Janes one soft lady... not a killer here lol.