Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart beat when high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BilaBong13, Apr 16, 2013.

1. #1 BilaBong13, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    Hey guys so i started smoking more often recently, i use to only smoke when someone had it or when i would go to a party. now im finding my self purchasing my own stuff wich is nice. But i like to be doing stuff when im high, i usually smoke with someone. But as i have been doing it by my self i focus way to much on heart beat. Naturaully when you are high you have increased heart beat. I know this...But i hate feeling my heart beat so fast, i kind of get a panic attack when i think about. I just feel as if my heart is going to explode (i know it wont) and i am 100% sure this stuff dosent have any other drugs in it.Has any one ever hated this? because for me i cant enjoy the high when im focused on my heart beat.

Edit: Would an edible affect my heartbeat as much?

2. Your mind is mysterious, when you focus on that you notice it more and start to think/make up irregularities that aren't really happening. I have had this happen but I know the best way to get your mind off of it, keep your mind busy! do work, hang out with people, listen to music do something to keep your mind off wandering from its thoughts and putting you in the position to feel like that. I always try to keep myself busy and or entertained while I'm super stoned to the point if I wasn't something might happen along those lines! hope this helps, take care

3. thanks for the advice, i do try to keep my self busy, but does feeling your heart beat stay or is it just a fase?

4. Don't think about it.

The morenyou worry about it the more it will race. It's called panicking which is what you're experiencing.

5. I had a friend that this happened to. We got her to calm down and drink some water and she was okay after awhile.

6. I happens to me, but I'd like to imagine its my mind over reacting due to being high. So while it does make me uncomfortable, I just relax.
    At least it's not cocaine, I would imagine your heart beat would be a lot higher.

7. The best way to avoid this problem is by changing your environment. If you're sitting in your room and listening to music, then suddenly begin having this problem, you need to change rooms. Maybe head to the living room or go outside. This tends to happen to me more when I'm sitting down.

I suggest a brisk walk and change of environment. Especially after a walk, I normally can go back to my room (or wherever I was having the rapid heartbeat issue) and I don't even notice it anymore.

8. This happens to me a lot if i smoke alone i just try to be around people when im done that usually helps take my attention from my heart to whats going on around me.

9. Dude first i wanna say WHY DID U DO THAT TO ME? Now you put that ugly bad trip that i sometimes have that my heart will explode same as yours. :( you ruined my evening.. Secondly its all in your mind i know you already have heard that but try to think deeper that its all in your minddd... Sorry about that i had to write it.

10. DAMNN sorry bro, maybe i should have put a warning or something..

11. When I get really high sometimes I feel like I'm looking out of one eye way more than the other.

It's all in your mind though, being high increases your heartrate by a tiny amount, when you sit there and focus on your heartbeat you only think it's beating really fast because you're doing a very poor job of keeping track of time. Use your finger on your neck or wrist and time your BPM, you'll see that it's normal.

12. Well last night i tried some of my bros kandy kush, it was a bit better, but i have been smoking OG kush so maybe its just the strain? I have read up that OG makes you very energetic like you should be doing something when you are high on it. Maybe i need more of an indica because i have been smoking at night where i dont do much :p