Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart beat after smoking weed.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tailored, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Long Story short. Smoked every night with a movie before bed for about 3 years, and one night I smoked a joint just like any other night and after smoking it, I layed down to watch the movie 5 mins later all the sudden I get this diziness, blurred vision, my heart was racing big time like 140-150 bpm (not like the normal high rate when you smoke weed) I did NOT panic, I started to breath in through my nose and out my mouth heart rate calmed down and then I got the shakes which lasted for about 5 mins then all back to normal. After a couple days of quitting smoking weed I had another, same thing happen but without the diziness only this time my heart raced at like 130-140 bpm for about 4 hours, I thought OMG wtf... Went to the hospital, they had no idea what was happening but they gave me a "temazapam" which slowed it back down again... After that for the next 2 months I went through hell...Waking up every 2 hours at night, heart pains, heart would stop for like 1-2 seconds at least twice a day, palpitations, and strange headaches...2 Months passed and I'm all good. Quit smoking weed throughout this whole period...I'm ok now, and STILL I'm thinking about wtf happen and I want a joint sooo bad, but afraid I will have to go through all that again...Anyone have any idea wtf happen?

2. Must have been laced with rat poison. That's the only plausible explanation.

3. No my bro was with me, we both smoked the same stuff

4. Like a previous post stated, it was probably laced with rat poison and you must have inhaled the contaminated weed. You saved your brother by inhaling the poison.

5. Lacing weed with rat poison a lot lately, that's so fucked up some one would do that.

6. No. After it all happen I gave my bro the WHOLE bag of the same weed, he and his friends smoked all of it and they had a blast ;]

7. [quote name='tailored']No. After it all happen I gave my bro the WHOLE bag of the same weed, he and his friends smoked all of it and they had a blast ;][/Q
    Because you smoked the contaminated part, sadly.

8. haha! dude your making me laugh, this is serious...I had 3 blood tests, x-ray, heart monitors, ecg's and it all came back fine. Why do you say it was laced with rat poison?

9. Maybe you smoked the poison and/or had a panic attack.

10. It was not rat poison. me and my bro smoked a joint between us first time it happen. Then the next day he asked me to smoke the same stuff again, I said forget it... Not happening...but after the 2 days passed of not smoking, my bro eventually convinced me to smoke with him, and that's when it happen again.

11. Wow thats so weird!! The same thing happened to me this morning on first few tokes. Seriously rat poison? Why? Didnt last long like the orig OP though.

12. you just got scared. That heart rate isn't too fast.. it wasn't laced.... one time (not just weed) my heart was beating over 240 times per minute. I was a little scared.

Unless it wasn't weed. after 3 years you should know weed.

13. Docs said it was anxiety. No idea how that could be though, because I was not anxious, nor stressed, like I said I had smoked every day for 3 years and nothing like this ever happen, and when it did...It was the worst experience of my life so far.

14. everyday for 3 years, then it had nothing to do with the bud.

15. It started beating real fast, but I just carried on watching the movie until 2 hours passed I started to think wtf...Sat in hospital for another 2 hours in the waiting room still no change only after they gave me the meds it slowed down ;/

16. Why do people automatically assume its laced? You guys should research some effects of cannabis.

http://www.idmu.co.uk/canncardio.htm

Oh and to the Guy that said all signs point to it being laced with rat poison...please provide the link(s) to the website that describes the symptoms of ingesting rat poison laced cannabis, I would love to read it:rolleyes:

17. Mabey just don't go to the hospital because you smoked weed

18. [quote name='"365DaysofGrowin"']Why do people automatically assume its laced? You guys should research some effects of cannabis.

http://www.idmu.co.uk/canncardio.htm

Oh and to the Guy that said all signs point to it being laced with rat poison...please provide the link(s) to the website that describes the symptoms of ingesting rat poison laced cannabis, I would love to read it:rolleyes:[/quote]

And I think they were being sarcastic eith the rat poison haha

19. no you didn't

20. yes and I'm making this all up...I wish ;/