Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart attack from Smoking Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by shanee, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Okay so I've smoked weed almost everyday last year and this summer. But ever since 3 weeks ago my heart RACES when I smoke. I ignored it at first because I know increased heart rate is a side effect. But I told my friends to feel my heart after a sesh and they said it was fast to the point where it started to scare them. I thought they could be high and paranoid so I asked my sober friend and she also thought it was bad. I wouldn't be that worried, but my family has a history of heart problems and every guy in my dads side of the family has died of a heart related issue. I don't have any known heart problems and I'm only 19 and the only heart problems my family has had is when they were like 80. So should I stop smoking weed so I don't risk heart attack or what? Im also taking 30mg ritalin (adhd meds) and 300mg buprophine (anti depressent) if that means anything haha.

2. Those adhd meds are basically legal meth if anything they lead to problems and racing heart with anxeity issuses.

3. If you use cannabis maybe you don't need to be on pills too.

4. fuck pills they are sooo unnatural 

5. Probably just paranoid. You can check your heart rate if you have a smartphone. :p

6. I have a history of heart attacks, 3 in 8 years, and my Docs all say that as long as I vape or use edibles Cannabis is fine. They all three agree that smoking anything is a huge no-no.

7. Lose the pills son

8. How fast is it?  Maybe it's not that bad, but because of the high it seems worse.  Try a heart rate monitor, they're cheap.  My heart rate goes up to the high 90's on a strong sativa.  

9. I had a VSD heart defect (google it) when I was 3 months old and I currently have an irregular heartbeat and 2 small holes not visible to the naked eye and I smoke weed as a daily routine. The only time my heart feels weird/bad is when I smoked cigarettes but quit.

10. It is far more likely that the heart racing type of feeling you are having is a side effect of the ritalin or at minimum a drug interaction between the Ritalin and Cannabis. In some medical marijuana states, physicans recommend Cannabis to treat adhd without the aid of additional pharmaceuticals.

11. I'd also stick to the indicas, as sativas will get your heart racing a lot more......they definitely do for me. 

12. #12 Weedity, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
    Go to the doctor, get your heart checked out. See if you have heart disease or any other issue to be safe and to reduce anxiety.

When you come back from the doctors all checked out, do NOT dwell on it anymore. When you get high you WILL have anxiety and it WILL make your heart race and think you are going to die of a heart problem. Unless you stop the anxiety of course. This is a MUST, you MUST stop the anxiety and stop thinking about it.

For three years I did the same thing as you. Got so trapped up in it and shit I eventually get episodes where my heart has irregular heart beats. I blame it all on anxiety because my whole male family has heart issues and I have gotten checked thousands of times. No issues. Only issue I have is anxiety.

Do yourself a favor: Get rid of the anxiety, stop thinking about it, do NOT dwell on death/anxiety while high, fuck the pills, control your depression and ADHD yourself like I have been doing, and exercise and eat healthy. This will help you immensely.

If you cannot stop your anxiety and you keep getting scared to death of your heart. You must stop smoking, or you could get serious anxiety issues man.