heart and the brain

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Insurgency, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Sorry i am never really on forums that much anymore so I do not know if anyones made a thread in the past about this but i thought a good discussion would be the feelings of the heart and the brain.

I was recently trippn in nature staring at the stars and I came to think about why does our heart tell us one thing and our mind tell us another?

To be honest, i was going to try and type what i thought, but I really couldn't think of anything to properly explain. Maybe someone has some links or input of your own to share.

this is an interesting topic, keep this thread going.

2. That's because we live in a universe of duality and contrast.

3. because most of us feel some moral duty most of the time and must choose to do things we do not want/like to do.

4. so do our visual experiences, along with supply and demand create the separation between the two?

5. the ying and the yang are vital to us and together

imagine not having these two influences, how well would our reasoning even be?

6. That contrast of thought is what reasoning is.

Without having multiple perspectives, there would be point to this existence.

That is in general, the point being; to lower your entropy in order to have the greatest and most efficient impact on the current system in play.

7. Sounds like a classic case of the ID vs the EGO.

Common sense tells you the reality of things. Your heart tells you what you want and desire. Sometimes the heart wants to override common sense and you end up doing something brave, amazing, or foolish.

8. My answer is..the heart doesnt tell you a damn thing.. your mind tells you everything..

9. You are your mind.

you have a body here.

10. Like when I had the chance to fuck a hot hooker but didn't have a condom.

My heart was like yes but my mind was like FUCK NO.

11. ha haaaaaaaaaa

i think we be talkin bout the mind in the other head huh stimulate?

12. first off ill say i think the heart is the same as are soul they are just the same thing looked at in different ways.
    so people have both a mind and a soul. one based off thought , the other emotion. many times they dont agree thats where choice comes in. somtimes its good to listin to your feelings other times its better to listin to reason. are souls give people the potential to be selfless and compassionate while are mind helps us not to be a reckless slave to are own emotions

13. yeah like for your eyes...this is your "heart" vision :confused:
    and here is your "brain" vision :eek:

same window, just different tints...type o' thing