Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hearing Voices

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ToastedPBJ, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Cardinal Rule of avoiding underlying conditions. Dont tell him to respond dude.... common sence.

2. I hear my own voice very loudly when Im very very high, im usually singing a song in my head or saying crazy shit that doesnt make sense.

3. Uh, hearing voices after you've smoked is not normal, and marijuana, like any drug, can reveal underlying mental problems.

My old friend started hearing voices when she was was high, and she is severely mentally ill.

4. I have audible hallucinations when I'm really stoned and in the shower..I mean it happens to me idunno about others

5. This^^, I hear my parents calling me all the time, and they never are!

6. #26 420Spartans, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    You mentioned it was tolerable, when you put it that way I think I might hear some voices too.

I usually walk quite a ways after smoking bud and it's mostly at night on silent roads. I think I actually hear voices as well, nothing I can understand but I also feel like someone is following me as well. I'll hear footsteps and turn around, but no one's there.

I'm usually too high to remember, but in the moment I think some paranoia does strike me.. Interesting.

7. happens to me somtimes when im like extreamly ripped like ill walk down the street and keep thinking sombody is calling me but nobody is really around lol i dont sweat it

8. lol its not like hearing legit voices talking to you in your head its like your ears playing tricks on you and mabye making a sound sound like sombody saying your name or somthing

9. I've heard voices before, but then I figured out I was talking to myself.

10. maybe for the op it is legit voices, in which case he should be a little concerned. of course it's nothing if it's just little noises here and there, but someone 'crying for help' is a little beyond that

11. Cannabinoids can trigger hallucinations. Most of the time they are auditory when they happen at all, but visuals are also possible.

This, sadly, has truth to it. There is ample and growing evidence that for people predisposed to schizophrenia, cannabis use can trigger psychotic episodes.

12. #32 tharedhead, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    It depends on how you feel about the voices. One of the top researches into cannabis and psychosis has an interesting take on auditory hallucinations (goes to find article)

BBC NEWS | Health | Voices in the head 'are normal'

http://www.schizophreniaforum.org/for/int//Murray/murray.asp

So, are you having any issues in your life that may lead to you thinking you need help or rescue? Talking so someone may help sort things out.

13. You have to specify these voices. Are they clear? Or murmurs? If it just sounds like you're hearing voices, but can't tell what they are saying, you're probably good. If you can hear what they are saying, you should see a doc. As stated, weed can bring your conditions "to light". I am considered a severally depressed person by my doctor. Lol, I don't think so though :p But my mom is a scitzo and I think I have a slight imbalance myself. Normally what happens is (a theory, but a sound one) is I'll hear a sound. Very slight, hard to hear. But it's a starter sound. It triggers another sound in my head. For example, a faucet dropping. Well if it's one high pitched sounding drop, almost like a bird tweat, it will trigger a full out bird song in my head. Sometimes one wall or floor creaking sound will trigger a full set of foot steps, when I am home alone.

I don't know if what I think about how that all works is accurate as I've never heard anyone talking about gateway sounds, but I am pretty sure that's what it is.

14. I like that article. I am a firm believe that most people are like this. But never say anything and are fine. Then someone sees a doc for it and he says "you're insane" and they buy into it and fit the part. Like when my doctor told me I am depressed. I was sad and blue for like a month. Then one day I said fuck it, I'm not and felt better since.

15. I figure I'm OK as long as I don't do what the voice tell me to do...terrible, terrible things.

16. I had those thoughts when I was in court this week (not drug related) watching all the 16 year old kids who had been busted with a gram or so getting sentenced.:mad:

Mantikore, you may enjoy this
    'Creating Mental Illness' by Allan V. Horwitz reviewed by Lynn E. O'Connor

17. YES

I heard voices in the shower yesterday!

I had my head down facing the shower head and the water was hitting my head and pouring down...heard girl crying for help or something but I couldn't make it out...like the grudge or something.

Got out quickly.

18. i was waitin for some1 to say that. i get the same thing too i hear music in the background i just chalk it off as me bein high as fuck though lol

19. Right now the voices are telling me to smoke another bowl.

20. I bookmarked it. A lil too much for me to read right now. 2 bowls in. I like how I can still type fine when high, just takes me 3 times as long.