Hearing voices when stoned

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by brokeman888, Jun 30, 2016.

1. So I am a daily smoker, and have been for a year. Recently (last couple of months) I've been hearing voices that aren't there at all.They're usually voices from my parents (who i live with still, and are brown, very against smoking), talking loudly, and i usually conflate these voices (being stoned), and convince myself their talking about me. I've usually been able to tell that the voices are not real almost immediately, and dismiss them as sounds, but last night was a little different.

So i get high around 11:30, and i'm just chilling in my room when i hear really loud voices, talking about how im a failure, how i smoke and how my dads gonna talk to me in the morning and maybe kick me out. I am 19, and i work but i still rely on my parents almost entirely. This was different from the normal voices though, this was 100% real. I was tweaking in my room,hiding all my shit and even packing my stuff into a bag.

Day after, found out that my parents were sound asleep the whole time. Like WTF. Anyway im pretty confused / upset and i thought i might check to see if this happens to other people. Like i know you get paranoid when high, but actually imagining real, loud voices and sounds (and the sentences they were saying were totally on point, well articulated, i thought i couldn't have made them up), i didnt know paranoia could extend to that stage after smoking.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Many people are quick to throw around the word "paranoia" without understanding the root cause. Id, Ego, and Super-Ego each have a role to play on your mindset. You identify with yourself and your own rational decision making process, defining your type of ego. Whether or not you have contrasting opinions of yourself, your Id might portray a version of your thoughts that reflect in the eyes of others. Like self-esteem vs. vanity. To round off the balance of checks on yourself, the super-ego can put yourself out of body in a 3rd person view, to see the whole picture and analyze your future decisions based on your past events. Much like a holy trinity of thought, giving yourself the ability to tap into brainwaves affects how you interpret these thoughts.

It is no coincidence that while you are awake getting blazed and others are asleep unbeknownst to their nostrils, they are getting a good whiff of your stank. So technically you sync up with their brainwave patterns in a semi-mind control kind of way, with you being the conscious operator and the sleepers being asleep. Just try not to think too hard about it, k?

:smoking:

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'm not trying to scare you but it could be a sign of scheizphrenia. Marijuana and other drugs can actually trigger people's scheizphrenia to come out who are prone to already having the disorder. I would advise you to research it yourself. Sure it may just happend when you smoke weed but overtime it could potentionally get worse and worse to the point where you start hearing voices even when you haven't been smoking
    Weed. Schizophrenia evolves over time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yea bro i hate to say it. But if this continues go to the emegency and tell the doctors. They will keep u in a psyc-ward and diagnose u properly. It happened to a friend of mine. He has schizophrenia and hears voices and stuff. Good luck blade

5. I was similar to you and had to quit for a good long time. Even when I was straight the boundary between real and unreal wavered to the point where I entered psychotherapy for many years. Eventually, all the noise went away and that allowed the deeper structures to reveal themselves to me; mostly family dynamics shit and how they (mal)formed me, chipped away at my base. I started borderline and ended up with some good boundaries.

Think about getting some professional counsel.

6. Scared of your own brain? Pop a pill and kill your senses. Probably better for you if life today is too stressful. There are over 1400 reasons designer drugs have been invented. Pick a reason and follow your voices.

7. I wouldnt do this if your hearing voices that arent there. Ive read reports on people hearing voices and they all say that the voices that they hear tell them bad things. Trust your conscious not the voices

8. That may be true but if the person can't differentiate their own conscience from exterior thoughts, how will they know any better? Taking advantage of a fool is as simple as telling your friends what to do, should they have the gall to trust you. Someone without the rational thought process will be tricked into believing anything.

I guess I'm just saying don't be too gullible. Life is full of sharks in the water.

9. Shit yea thats true. Be careful op