Hearing silence

Discussion in 'General' started by 365DaysofGrowin, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Can you actually hear silence? How do you know what your actually hearing is silence, becasue silence makes no noise, so is it really possible to hear it? I didnt make this thread so people could argue but moreso debate about the subject. I belive we cant hear it. humans just made a word up to call something that has no sound. I welcome anyone and everyones opinion.

2. There's no such thing as silence at least on earth anyway. No matter where you go you will always here something. What people think is silence is just a fuzzy sound from noise really far away. I bet if you went into deep space where there was real silence you would lose your mind or

3. I think its pretty logical we came up with a word for no sound. We have words for everything.

You don't hear silence because I've never heard anyone say dude that silence was loud. You just say, I don't hear anything.

4. This is exactly what I want, totally diffrent opinions from totally diffrent people. Keep em coming:)

5. What do you hear when you're sleeping but not having a dream?

6. [quote name='"vespathug"']There's no such thing as silence at least on earth anyway. No matter where you go you will always here something. What people think is silence is just a fuzzy sound from noise really far away. I bet if you went into deep space where there was real silence you would lose your mind or[/quote]

I really like this. I wish I was the person that said it lol my mom brought up that dogs can hear things we cant so what we hear as nothing, "silence", is actually a very strong noise unheard by humans. So that raises the question, whenever we hear nothing("silence") is it really considered "silent" if there are noises going on in frequencies we cant hear?

7. [quote name='"Parable"']What do you hear when you're sleeping but not having a dream?[/quote]

That my friend deserves a whole seperate thread lol but ill say my .02, you are uncapable to hear when you are asleep, your brain is only awake enough for you to breath.